Restart from top of program

• Hi All,

This one is really hair pulling for me....

I have:

1. START for Continue only: TRUE

2. CSTOPI for Abort: TRUE

3. Abort all programs by CSTOPI: TRUE

4. My START is set as UI[6] mapped to 48,1,23 using SimpleCRM16 setup

I can start no proplem, but when I re-start the program starts at where I left off. I always want to start/re-start at top of program. I can not afford to touch the pendant to move cursor to top of the line.

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance

• skiingpass

What are you referring when you say "top of the program" ?

Top of program you are executing ? or a level higher ?

Do you have only one program ? I mean there are not CALL command ?

I'm just thinking that if running a simple 3 line routine like OPENGRIPPER, Do you just want to return to the top of those 3 lines or you want to call a master/main program ? For that you will need to issue an abort

What are you using to call the programs , PNS, RSR, Other ?

Retired but still helping

• Hi All,

Maybe, I describe what I need and what I setup to see if I implemented correctly:

1. I have a switch to set Manual or Auto. When switch to Auto then ENBL On then when I see CMDENBL On then machine would go in Ready mode waiting for START.

2. When Start button pushed, START (UI-6) will come on for 500ms to go into AUTO mode and program starts. I have only Main program setup as Other and I also call a couple background programs within the the Main.

3. If for whatever reasons the robot faulted out then I would switch to Manual and ENBL would be Off.

4. I would then push Reset button to clear all faults.

5. Then I would go back to Step 1.

My UI setup is using SIMPLECRM16 and as listed before as:

1. START for Continue only: TRUE or FALSE would not matter in my case

2. CSTOPI for Abort: TRUE

3. Abort all programs by CSTOPI: TRUE

4. My START is set as UI[6] mapped to 48,1,23 using SimpleCRM16 setup

The issue is when I restart then the program would start where it left off even I thought I config to restart at the top of program. Currently, to work around, I have to move the cursor to the top of program every time I need to restart and I do not want operator to touch the pendant.

This is my first Fanuc program and setup.

Many thanks in advance if any heroes could chime in to help to set it up properly.

• Hi

I understand what you are doing and I understand what you want but I do not think is safe..

Because the way you described it, you want to go to the top of the program (regardless where the robot is physically and logically) and start again

Could you please :

Press MENU, SETUP, Prog Select and tell me What do you have under Program select mode ?

Also, would you mind answering

What are you referring when you say "top of the program" ?

Top of program you are executing ? or a level higher ?

Do you have only one program ? I mean there are not CALL command ?

Retired but still helping

• I already gave you the answer. Do not use UI[6] at all.

Instead your start procedure needs to be like this.

1. Turn on UI[4]

2. Wait 250 msec

3. Turn off UI[4]

4. Wait 250msec

5. Turn on UI[18]

6. Wait 250 msec

7. Turn off UI[18]

Also please pay attention to Fabians post. You need to have the correct program select and start methods set. And also make sure the robot won't crash on a restart.

Please try this before asking more questions.

• Yes, excellent point.

Simplest solution is to have a check at the top of the main program that verifies that the robot is home by checking a reference position output and if not home aborts.

More advanced would be to create a smart homing routine.

• Yes, I have an initialize routine to reset everything.

My UI[18] is not mapped to anything.

1. Program Select Mode: Other and $shell_wrk.$cust_name is my Main program

2. Production Start Method: UOP

everything else is disabled

• I run into the same problem on our robots that don't have HMI. Since you are starting from an external source, check the program select settings. If you set the top two settings to other, it always starts from the top if you abort the program.

• Hi All,

Many thanks for all the feedbacks.

It turned out that I need to abort program if I encounter fault. I tested it on the pendant and after a fault if I press FNCT, 1 ABORT (ALL) then when I restart, it will be from the top.

How can I abort all programs remotely or thru IO when I see a fault?

Advertising from our partners