YRC1000 Macro

• I primarily have Fanuc Robot experience, but recently have been tasked with setting up a Motoman robot using a YRC1000 controller.

I the Fanuc world, you can convert a program (with motion) to a macro. That macro can then be called using a digital input.

(ie: DI101 = GoHome)

Does anyone know if this is possible with a Yaskawa / Motoman Robot Controller?

Thanks

• 95devils, thanks for clearing that up. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Can you confirm or deny that macros are now standard on those controllers? Or was I right that the option must be purchased by the OP? OP = Original Poster, BTW. BTW = By The Way. :face_with_tongue:

I can confirm that default out of the box macro job is not turned on.

In the US, don't want to speak for other countries, on YRC1000s macro job is standard on an arc application. On a non-welding application it is an option.

On a non-welding cell depending what other options were purchased macro job may be turned on. Example, MotoSight 2D comes with macro job.

A Yaskawa non-thermal programmer may decide to turn the option on if it makes their life easier.

On DX200 about half through the run the above is also true. On the XRC, NX100, DX100, and FS100 it was a paid option. Depending what other options were purchased macro job may be turned on. Example, TouchSense comes with macro job.

A Yaskawa programmer may decide to turn the option on if it makes their life easier.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners