Engel ERC 64/1-E I/O

• Hey Everyone!

I wish you all a good new year. I'm looking for an help about Engel 3 Axis Robots. Here is the description!

First of all it is my first time to work with Engel 3 Axis Robots, it's ERC 64/1-E and i want to make a communication with an Automationsystem it's like information giving and taking. Normally i did this with only Sepro robots and there was an I/O socket. But with this Robot there is nothing like that. It's communicating with Engel machine via Canbus (If i'm not wrong). Right I want to prepare stuffs für communication but I couldn't understand it where are the I/Os for other systems to communicate. All I need is the place that i can make the communication with cables. Like I said i only need I/Os with cables but i've already checked but couldn't find some thing like I/O card. If there is someone who can help i would be relly thankful. Small infos are also important, so please feel free you all!

Thank you very much!

Automation Engineer

Edited once, last by Zeytey ().

• Is the robot already connected to the automation and you want to add more signals or are you looking to interface for the first time?

Your best bet is to get copies of the electrical drawings for the robot and the automation and take a look at the IO interface on each. If there is no hardwired IO available you need to make sure that the systems will use the same communication protocol e.g. Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Ethercat otherwise you will need to add in a gateway

Advertising from our partners