Can i somehow solve this relative job issue?

• Good day!

I have a problem, and there might be a solution.

Problem: 2 pallets next to eachother, will share the same logic and palletizing sequence. this is for 8 different articles so i need to make 8 different programs, however it would be nice to not have to do 16 (8 articles, 2 pallets)

Due to the "tightness" of the cell, there wont be a possibility to have the the userframe in the same corner (see picture)

Can i somehow do a relative job (or any other ideas?) with this and not make the same program twice?

i've made the program for the right pallet, first position is upper right corner (seen from picture)

For the next pallet, it doesnt matter if i start bottom right, bottom left, top left, or top right.

• Make a user frame of the pallet. Start in one corner of the pallet for the ORG. Use the edge of the pallet to guide you to the XX position and then move over the pallet to program XY (this will define the plain of the frame).

Now teach a second user frame on the left pallet using the same points and path as the right pallet.

Take your taught job (in what is known as command position) and make it relative to the first user frame you made. Copy this relative job and go into the header of the copied job and change the frame number it is relative to, to the new (left) user frame number.

• 1) Can the user frames been taught on top of the pallet? Then multiply the Z of the product by -1 if calculating the positions.

2) An alternate tcp such as a long pointer (round aluminum stock with a bulleted nose) that screws or bolts to the tool. Teach the alternate pointer as a different tool and teach the user frames with that tool?

3) If you can get the three positions relative to the robot, you could type those numbers into three separate position variables and use the MFRAME instruction to create the frames.

Just spitballin'

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Make a user frame of the pallet. Start in one corner of the pallet for the ORG. Use the edge of the pallet to guide you to the XX position and then move over the pallet to program XY (this will define the plain of the frame).

Now teach a second user frame on the left pallet using the same points and path as the right pallet.

Take your taught job (in what is known as command position) and make it relative to the first user frame you made. Copy this relative job and go into the header of the copied job and change the frame number it is relative to, to the new (left) user frame number.

I know how to make a userframe, however due to everything standing very tight there isnt a possibility to use the same points and path as the right pallet. if i make the uframe for right pallet on right top corner it wont be able to define it on left pallet right corner etc.

Im gonna go with alternative number 2 but with a twist(haha?) , we are gonna need to manufacture a tcp with 90* turn on the end. No problem to manufacture. We already have a TCP which is straight and "long", however legnth wont solve the problem, but the 90* turn will.

Thanks for the spitball, have a cookie!

Advertising from our partners