Cant activate project

• Hello robot-forum,

I have a KR C4, KSS8.6.6 controller that seems stuck on a invalid project config, several menus dont open with a message of inicialization error, like backup configuration, safety configuration.

Machine configuration says no project is active.

There is a red cross over the projects icon.

When i try to activate a project, either the inital project or a new from workvisual(V6.0.12), an error is thrown:

An error occurred during activation.

Project not ready! Controller: <PCRC-3LW89UTRSO(localhost)>

When i try to restore to a restore point, its the following error:

An error occurred during restoration.

Unknown error during project activation of restored project 26110802...

In both cases the first message on the message list is that it failed to create a restore point.

I suspect the backup fails because the controller is in an invallid state, but i cant fix it because it tries to create a backup before a project is activated.

Can I deactivate the automatic restore point creation?

Any other possible causes?

• what kind of KUKA experience or training you have? do you have backups? what kind?

creating new project from scratch is not recommended as it requires insider knowledge. depending on WoV version there are some files that still need to be added manually but even WoV 6.x does not create complete project, manual intervention is required.

this is why process flow for users is to get working project or base project from the robot controller and use it as a template to create own projects (with unique name). failure to change name means that deploying will overwrite project on the robot. and if new copy is incomplete (not ready) you will end up with a dead system.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello Panic mode,

I did not create a project from scratch, i just wanted to configure IO.

I didnt have a ethernet cable on hand, so i used a USB pen, and something went wrong.

I still have the original files on the pen, its pretty much factory state. The KRL programming is saved on PC.

I have experience programing KRL, and level 2 training.

I have a basic understanding of XML, but I never configured a robot controler at that level.

I did not create a project from scratch, i just wanted to configure IO.

so what did you do exactly? details could be very helpful...

I didnt have a ethernet cable on hand, so i used a USB pen, and something went wrong.

what do you mean? you transferred project to controller using usb drive? how, where...?

I still have the original files on the pen, its pretty much factory state.

what original files? WoV projects? KOP files? KrcDiag? vacation photos?

The KRL programming is saved on PC.

what do you mean? what PC? KPC?

do you have proper backups? what kind?

I have experience programing KRL, and level 2 training.

I have a basic understanding of XML, but I never configured a robot controler at that level.

what does that mean? did you manually edit some XML files on controller?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I used the backup menu to create a backup to the USB pen, opened it in workvisual on my laptop, configured IO, and then restore it on the robot controller.

The original files I was refering to are .asz and WOV project files, and a ZIP file with C, KRC folders.

I have copied the .src and .dat files that I want to keep to my laptop.

I did not change any XML, I only know the KSS uses them from having to configure KUKA.Ethernet KRL on a different robot.

• Hi, is problem still actual?

Could it be possible, that you have changed the working project in archive, but not the back up projects? I mean when you try to implement new project to archive it is better to leave working project unchanged and only then activate your custom project through the activation menu on smartpad.

If the problem is solved without using master image, could you please discribe what have you done?

• Hello kurtk,

the fix was to re-install the kuka software.

I got the installer and procedure from my kuka tech support contact, he will need the robot serial.

Then I accessed the robot´s windows desktop, and installed it like any windows app.

Advertising from our partners