Please power off if you want to recover

• Turned a robot on yesterday after having it shut off for a few months. Showed a bunch of fssb errors, cycled power and they went away and now the fault signal is red on the TP, robot won't move and at the top of the screen it says Please power off if you want to recover. Looked at a number of threads already and here is what i have tried.

Replaced the three fuses on the axis control board

replaced axis control board

replaced fiber optic cable

connected to a different teach pendant

Nothing helps. When examining the fiber optic cable i noticed I am getting a light from servo amp for the fiber optic cable but no light returning from axis control board. Checked the cable on a functioning machine and can see light from both sides so the cable is good, just no light coming out of axis control board it seems.

No LEDs are on on the axis control board either

• i get LEDs on the servo amp without issue, if the battery were dead wouldnt those be off as well? I can check it tomorrow anyway, i can look at the ground cable as well but i dont see how that would be the issue all our cables are well protected from damage.

• would that be able to restore power to the axis control board?

If the backup batteries were weak then you might have lost or corrupted some of its system software files. This would prevent any power from being supplied to the servo amp or the axis control board. I would start by replacing the batteries with power on, then load an image backup into the controller. Hopefully you already have a backup, otherwise you might have to get one from a similar robot with a similar job function to load in is place.

• No change at all, battery read a clean 3.1 volts anyway when we checked it so I'm not surprised. Call has been made to just haul the whole controller out and swap it and work on this one when we have more time in the future. Any further thoughts are helpful but I don't know how soon ill have a resolution.

• As mortoch stated, I would still try loading in a backup of the controller if you have not already. And I would not do just the TP files, I would do a complete controller image backup to ensure the software is correct. Aside from that you could check the fuses on the E-Stop board or replace it entirely. I have had several of them go bad on me which will hold out servo power. Are there any faults on the pendant when it is powered up, and could you attach a picture of the alarm history?

• Which controller?

Did you try the power supply? Change the whole servo servo amp.

The fiber optic transceiver on the axis control board does not operate much under 4.75VDC.

I've had this issue where the servo amp power board (lower section) was loading the 5V enough to drop the voltage just under the 4.75 needed by the fiber transceiver. I started with the power supply and then the servo amp control board but still had 4.7-4.8 volts to the transceiver. Changing the entire servo amp fixed it.

Advertising from our partners