Hyundai HX130-02 info?

• Hi there,

Anybody got any spec on a Hyundai HX130-02? Still trying to find details about the controller, software etc. (Probably a Hi4)
    Just wondering if it would be any good for 3D wood and tooling board carving.

Thanks

Edited once, last by marbles ().

• I don't have much information about this model, but I can confirm it uses a Hi-4 controller. I think the lowest HX for Hi-5 is HX165.

Regarding the application, it will depend more on the mechanical condition this robot have. Brakes and so on. But if it is well conserved, I think that would be fine.

• I don't have much information about this model, but I can confirm it uses a Hi-4 controller. I think the lowest HX for Hi-5 is HX165.

Regarding the application, it will depend more on the mechanical condition this robot have. Brakes and so on. But if it is well conserved, I think that would be fine.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I found a manual, dated 2002 so guess thats why there is not much info I can find online.

I’m gradually transitioning from 3/4 axis CNC using Mach3 and RhinoCAM into whats a brand new area for me, 5,6&7 axis. Just trying to get my head around the options.

Are you using a translation package like Robotmaster or RoboDK? Seems as if its common for people to use

integrates robot simulation and offline programming for industrial robots.

TBH i’m only looking at this model because its cheap. Awating the seller to get back to me with answers.

• As far I know, RoboDK doesn't have a Hyundai post processor yet. Robotmaster has. But I think this one is for Hi-5 robots.

Anyway, If you have a real robot, You can contact Hyundai, send them the robot S/N, and they can provide a license for Hi-4 simulator (not the same used for Hi-5 robots).

But to run Hi-4 simulator, You will probably need to install it on an older PC or virtual machine. I'm not sure if it will run on an operating system newer than Windows XP.

• As far I know, RoboDK doesn't have a Hyundai post processor yet. Robotmaster has. But I think this one is for Hi-5 robots.

Anyway, If you have a real robot, You can contact Hyundai, send them the robot S/N, and they can provide a license for Hi-4 simulator (not the same used for Hi-5 robots).

But to run Hi-4 simulator, You will probably need to install it on an older PC or virtual machine. I'm not sure if it will run on an operating system newer than Windows XP.

Really useful info thanks!

This info just in..

'The cell has a Hi4-MC01 controller. It has done 23201 hours but it comes with no service documentation although the seller did buy it from a company who set up robot systems for clients.'

I run Mach3 on a win XP system so thats not an issue.

Could to tell me the difference between the Hi-4 and Hi-5 controllers? I assume an Hi-5 can probably run more lines and probably a more up to date operating system and processor etc.

• Could to tell me the difference between the Hi-4 and Hi-5 controllers? I assume an Hi-5 can probably run more lines and probably a more up to date operating system and processor etc.

Basically, all You have said. Hi-5 has more "horsepower" than its predecessor, different Teach Pendant, different interface, different file format, and so on.

Hi-4 simulator is called HRHi4VC.

Hi-5 simulator is called HRSpace3.

About the documentation, I think You can find some stuff online.

• Hi from Croatia,

I did some application with old Hi4 controller with HA020 robot and SPRUTCAM Robot. It was simple 3D plasma cutting, but SPRUTCAM can be also used for your application. I had really good support from SPRUTCAM guy's so they prepared software post processor for old type of robots.

Regarding HX130 please test it before buying. Jog it around all axes in cartesian coordinate system and see if the arm shakes or has a vibrations. If you need to replace even one motor or reducer it will cost you more than you spend for the robot.

Good luck and stay safe,..

:smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners