Yaskawa Robot Wireless Pendant

• Hello Guys,

Does anyone know if yaskawa has a wireless pendant for motoman Dx200 controller. Operating the pendant in a very oily production setting is kinda frustrating. If so what's your experience using it and give your recommendations.

Thanks

• Hello Guys,

Does anyone know if yaskawa has a wireless pendant for motoman Dx200 controller. Operating the pendant in a very oily production setting is kinda frustrating. If so what's your experience using it and give your recommendations.

Thanks

Due to most regulations, pendants are required to have 2 paths of safety, ie, the deadman switch and E-Stop button, both of which usually have 2 channels of communication to the controller. In order for a wireless pendant to work it would have to have a very strong network connection, and a powerful enough battery as to not die and lose communication with the controller. This equipment is generally heavy and if you have had to hold onto and use a pendant most of your day, you will understand the value of having a light weight pendant. Also, because most plant networks are not geared towards wireless connectivity of equipment, they are not very reliable for keeping a secured and steady connection to the network which would result in a fault of the controller, and a stopping of the equipment because the controller has to see both channels of communication to the safety devices on the pendant. For this reason, I think only kuka and universal robots have a wireless pendant option, and even then I don't think it is used very often in industrial applications.

• You don't realize the value of a cable until you have several pendants. That cable keeps the pendant from walking away or being misplaced. There are some auto retractable pendent cable setups that may benefit you. I believe there is the option to run without a pendent "while operating in remote mode" then hook the pendent up for teaching applications.

• Thank you all for your contributions I'm now informed. However, i still believe there is a place for wireless controllers in the market, as always I'm looking forward to the future.

Advertising from our partners