ALARM 4101

Overrun in external axis

[0000_0000_0000_0001]

and related

ALARM 4107

Out of range(ABSO DATA)

ROBOT1 [SLURBT]

which highlighted axis letters are => L U B

ABS sensors are working. 4107 alarm goes away if I click Reset but 4101 stays.

Only way I got robot to move first time was to go "Robot" -> "Overrun & Shock Sensor" -> click "Release" and then "Reset"

then got power to robot and was able to move it but if I go other menu from this Overrun & Shock Sensor it throws Alarm 4101 and puts robot in hold (hold because set to go hold at Overrun & Shock Sensor -> Shock sensor stop command setting.

"Overrun & Shock sensor" menu does not have any overrun signal on when this error comes, for example since this is welding robot it has sensor in welding handle and that works. I have not have guts to try manually jog robot to any extreme position because first time using it.

Any ideas what to look / try for?

• On an NX100 robot there is a normally closed circuit for the overrun (4101). If this circuit is open you will get this alarm. +24 volts leaves the NTU on CN07 pin 1 and goes out to the robot arm via the 1BC cable. In the robot arm this +24 volts gets split off for the servo on light, shock sensor and over travel switches. Not all NX100 robots have over travel switches so the wires are jumped in the base of the robot and comes back to the NTU CN07 pin 1.

Robodoc

• On an NX100 robot there is a normally closed circuit for the overrun (4101). If this circuit is open you will get this alarm. +24 volts leaves the NTU on CN07 pin 1 and goes out to the robot arm via the 1BC cable. In the robot arm this +24 volts gets split off for the servo on light, shock sensor and over travel switches. Not all NX100 robots have over travel switches so the wires are jumped in the base of the robot and comes back to the NTU CN07 pin 1.

Thanks! I try investigate next time when close to this robot again and report findings here.

I get +24 volts to pin 1 coming at 1BC cable. I didn't find anything else wrong with cables and connections. Is there way in maintenance mode to monitor these signals when they come back to NTU or is it only one signal determining all of these?

• Sorry, my mistake, the 24 volts comes back on CN7 pin 2 (pin 1 is the source). So if you have 24 volts on pin 1, great. Please check pin 2. If there is no voltage, a wire is open. If you have 24 volts and still have the alarm, something is wrong with the board in the NTU.

Sorry, maintenance mode is not for troubleshooting.

Robodoc

• Sorry, my mistake, the 24 volts comes back on CN7 pin 2 (pin 1 is the source). So if you have 24 volts on pin 1, great. Please check pin 2. If there is no voltage, a wire is open. If you have 24 volts and still have the alarm, something is wrong with the board in the NTU.

Sorry, maintenance mode is not for troubleshooting.

I got it sorted out. Your comment gave a big hint. Here's what I did:

I took apart robot most parts to see what is and where because I still don't have electrical drawing to this whole robot. Everything was right with CN07 at NTU, measured different cables going to robot and by what I can understand about his, seemed right.

But then I spotted CN06 at NTU which is next to CN07... First two cable pairs are bridged together and then two other EXOT1 and EXOT2 had wires, I removed cable covers and followed where they go and found out that again this machine is missing some hardware I don't have (labels gave hint about some grinder machine) anyway these two signal pair lines were open, I bridged each pair together just like first two pairs and problem is gone. After all robot itself didn't have any problems.

Now works without any problems.

Then I learned literally "emperor" level access to NX100 so can start having real fun with this robot.

Thanks Robodoc!

Advertising from our partners