arm_compliance_x in Abs Acc

• Hi all,

What means arm_compliance_x, arm_compliance_y, arm_compliance_z in Absolute Accuracy robot? Is it depend on gravity? How?

Is it something like that:
    Error_x_meters = cos(joint_1) * arm_compliance_x * (link_3_mass * link_3_length_lever_arm_yz + link_4_mass * link_4_length_lever_arm_yz + ...) ?

Why arm_compliance_y is only for link_2 but arm_compliance_x and arm_compliance_z is only for link_3?

• Here's the little I know about how AbsAcc data is generated. I don't know enough to give you a solid answer to your question, but hopefully this information will help.

The robot is moved through a series of movements, while the actual position is compared against the robot-reported position using a very accurate position sensor.

When you see measurements of "Arm Compliance", this is a number that describes the deflection of the arm, the "bending" of the metal itself.

I would imagine that, depending on the degrees of freedom of each joint in relation to an established coordinate system, this would determine which axis is assigned certain arm compliance axes (x,y,z)

Advertising from our partners