Fanuc Robot deletes program line when I got touch up

• Help please. We have a issue I've ne

ver seen before. We have a robot that when we try to touch up a point it deletes the program line that we are trying to adjust. We then have to upload the backed up program to fix the program. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

• As a temporary solution you can create a new point with the correct position and copy the position data manually to the point where you need it, than delete the newly created point. Never heard about this problem btw

• Assuming no hardware problem, I could speculate also one of the following:

- It is a P position and there is something wrong with its description in the program header.

- The program was not created on this robot, and the line contains unsupported option.

- The robot software was updated and now has a bug.

• I made this mistake once when I was a new tech. I'm pretty sure If you are teaching the middle point of a circle motion, the touchup function key moves from F5 to F3 and DELETE moves to the F5 function key. You might not notice it but rather than performing a touch up, you are deleting the line. This might not be the issue, but it's something to look out for, and pay attention to when doing a touchup. Make sure that the function key actually says "TOUCHUP" instead of going off of muscle memory as I did.

Advertising from our partners