EVS Robots? QJAR

• So, I work for a small automation shop and my boss is eyeing this robots out of China. Big cost saving. The only trouble is, I can't find any information about them outside of their website. They are EVS Robots. QJAR is written on them. I was wondering if anyone has seen/heard of these and if they're any good?

We'd only be using them for small cells, nothing complicated. I'm trying to avoid as much heart-ache as possible. Any info or reviews, good or bad, would be, by me, appreciated.

Edited once, last by strzok: typo ().

• I can't speak to that brand specifically, but my only experience with a Chinesium robot was all bad. It was some kind of minimum-cost knockoff of a UR-10, and tech support and documentation were nonexistent. The components were cheap (as opposed to merely inexpensive) and fragile. Even if it had been possible to get it running, I think it would have been a false economy -- half the cost, but lasting only 1/3 as long.

For example of what I mean, look at the UR robots -- they're not much cheaper than the "big name" brands, but they definitely have longevity issues when used with high duty cycles. If you have to buy two of them over 5 years b/c the first one wears out, your TCO will be lower just buying a single small "big-name" robot at the start.

When dealing with almost any Chinese-sourced product, caveat emptor applies more than when dealing with most reputable Western suppliers. If your boss really wants to try it, buy one, maybe two, and try them out. Beat them up, get a feel for how usable they are. Break them, and then see how solid (or not) the tech support is.

• you want to save money, get 3+ quotes on the job from local robotic integrators and do not force brand on them. make sure there is local support, ready and easily accessible documentation and training in language you understand. after you get someone experienced install job for you, see how it is done and what could be done to improve it. then take a training or two. only then think of making a cell on your own....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I just found one of my "special books" from SAE order no M-110.

In section 1 they are talking about Life Cycle Cost (LCC)

-The cost for buying something are not the only costs to take into account, there are a lot more things:

--service (is there any and how long will it take to respond - do they have a hotline (costs?))

--spare parts (are they available and what be the costs and the time they can be delieferd?)

--do they have solutions you are actually looking for?

--can they provide courses

--- basic courses

--- advanced courses

--- courses to cover your problems

Just take these things into account as well!

Any delay will cost You money and at the end it will be much more expensive!

My suggention:

- look for a company nearby you or at least a representive

- personal contact (having any problems)

• @ Administrators

I normally do not want to reply to my own response

(so, if you do not like my response - just ignore it)

Do this chinese company is follow any rules?

DIN, EN, ISA,SAE?

I just forgot ISO

if not:

no way to deal with them

• So, I work for a small automation shop and my boss is eyeing this robots out of China. Big cost saving. The only trouble is, I can't find any information about them outside of their website. They are EVS Robots. QJAR is written on them. I was wondering if anyone has seen/heard of these and if they're any good?

We'd only be using them for small cells, nothing complicated. I'm trying to avoid as much heart-ache as possible. Any info or reviews, good or bad, would be, by me, appreciated.

I'm from Viet Nam. I'm using QJAR Robot. EVS is trading company, i buy directly from QJAR Robot Company,. i think it's good robot.

Video testing QJAR Robot

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Code

Advertising from our partners