Kuka robot project and difficulties

• Dave here on Chris' PC

253 M.DAT.R1 Erroneous DSE axis assignment E1

259 loader R1 machine loader data aborted

55 Initialization of the DSE running.

If all else fails we can re clone the HD and retry. Pretty confident it is something we did.

I'd drink another beer right now as it is hot and muggy where we are but we have very strict laws on drink driving.

• What we shared with you was the very original version of our system.

We have just followed our own instructions and re-removed the seventh axis.

We now have

255 M.DAT.R1 $SOFTN_END[6] invalid value

262 M.DAT.R1 Erroneous R1 data

55 Initialization of the DSE running

We can no longer access the SUBMIT interpreter

when we attemt to re-start Submit Interpreter we get the following error

1541 KCP Machine Data error

I am unsure what to make of that right now.

Dave

Edited once, last by Oatesy ().

• Hi Quarantine_Kuka,

Any updates, I'm getting the same error on my KR210 (KRC205).

Sadly no.

This is a hobby / possible career for Chris.

For me I am just trying to help him along the way as I used to work on PLC / VFD and Motion control systems but have never really worked on Robots.

Getting to Chris is an all day event and finding a free day has been difficult. (Sorry Chris)

And if you find a solution please let us know. I hope to be back there soon and we will share all of our results good and bad as we want to repay the amazing folks on this forum.

Dave

• So I'm over at Chris' house.

Chris has been struggling with the screen as it would not boot.

I said it'll be a connector as everything has been shuffled around the workshop.

30 seconds of my arrival, and I spotted this cable was not fully home. Poor Chris is very embarrassed as he had the hard drive out to back up.

• Happens to all of us. A good twenty years ago, I once shut down an entire production line for nearly 24hrs b/c I kept plugging a serial mouse (remember those?) into the wrong serial port on a computer. Over and over. In my defense, the people who'd built that computer and the SoftPLC system it was using had done nothing to indicate that only one of the two serial ports was "legal" for the mouse -- what had happened was, the SoftPLC VM had "ownership" of the second serial port to stream debugging data out in the dev/test lab, but someone in Germany had forgotten to disable this (or label or document it) before shipping it to the USA. So when the Windows mouse driver and the SoftPLC conflicted over the serial port....

• it also could be worse, you could also have been banging your head against it for a day with a frustrated boss behind who needs the robot for production, Then finally admitting your defeat and calling kuka service. Who then shows up plugs a connector in and out and is done in 5 min. That was a good day :unamused_face:.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Bugger,

We are back to 5km travel restrictions and limits on reasons and time duration to be outside. So I cannot get to visit Chris for a few days / weeks.

I too have had production lines down for the craziest of reasons. It is the needle in a haystack and why we get paid as you soon discover only a few people can work this stuff out.

We are wired differentky and that is OK. :smiling_face:

Dave

• Hi Guys,

We are getting close, we can almost taste it.

These are the final remaining errors. any help would be amazing right now. we are close to the finish line

Number

Source

KCP

Machine Data error

M.DA….

SOFTN_END[S] invalid value

M.DA….

Erroneous /R1 machine data

KCP

/R1/SPS : 10 Compilation Error

/R1/SPS : 10 Compilation Error

I dug through the archives and saw that that there as quite a large difference between the $config.dat file and the $machine.dat file. I was wondering if they would given a clue as to what is wrong. I did a comparison to make it easier to see what maybe going wrong. They are below (notice the Alema automation at the bottom of the config)

I spent ages getting the $config.dat file and the $machine.dat file nicely colour coded on the forum so that it was easy to see, but unfortunately, two - hundred thousand too many characters so I have the link below:

$machine.dat file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/…8gs9ccWY/view?usp=sharing

$config.dat file:

https://drive.google.com/file/…ICLrjBWi/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Chris

• Those files seem to be OK. But they aren't the original ones.

Post the originals, don't use external links, there comes a time when they aren't available any more.

May be there is a format problem in the file, that's not detectable in your file.

The actual files seem to be the default files after installation and seem to be correct.

Are there more fault messages right after booting without confirmation of any fault?

• So, Protip: you don't need to do all that work comparing the files. Just use a program like KDiff3, set it to only display the lines that differ, and have it generate a dual-column report of the differences. It'll save you a lot of work, and paging through hundreds of identical lines.

Which $SOFTN_END[ ] members are throwing the error? 7? 0 should be a perfectly fine value, now that you've removed axis E1.

The SPS errors should be easy -- if you navigate to the SPS, highlight it, and hit the "errors" button (takes the place of the Select button, IIRC, when you highlight a file with compilation errors), it will show you a list of each line that has an error, and the "view" button will jump you into the editor, directly on that line (you may have to expand all the Folds first). Simplest quick-fix is to comment out each line that's creating an error, and see what happens.

Most likely, the SPS errors are due to some of the variables you removed from $CONFIG.DAT. That's fine, those variables were for hardware you don't have, so you can just remove those parts from the SPS. In fact, you can probably just remove any Alema or Delphi sections from the SPS entirely, assuming they're clearly marked.

$AXIS_DIR[7] looks wrong in your posted file -- make sure it's valid. "=]" isn't.

• Those files seem to be OK. But they aren't the original ones.

Post the originals, don't use external links, there comes a time when they aren't available any more.

May be there is a format problem in the file, that's not detectable in your file.

The actual files seem to be the default files after installation and seem to be correct.

Are there more fault messages right after booting without confirmation of any fault?

Thanks for your input Hermann!

I will attach the files later today as you mentioned and i will boot up the robot and check for more fault messages right after booting as you mentioned and get back to you. They sound like interesting points which i think could shed light on what's going on. Thanks!

Cheers,

Chris

• Thanks for the tip SkyeFire.

I will check the E1 axis value you suggested and thanks for the suggestion on the SPS errors, sounds like the way go, and I will check and make sure everything is valid as you mentioned. I'll get back to you with how I get on.

Thanks for you help!

Chris

• Hello Guys,

Just following through of SkyeFire and Hermann's points. Found some interesting details.

Which $SOFTN_END[ ] members are throwing the error? 7? 0 should be a perfectly fine value, now that you've removed axis E1.

It is $SOFTN_END[6] . It says the source of the error was M.DAT.R1 (machine data?)

So I went through the both the original and current machine data file only to find that the value is the same in both files I have attached a screen shot to show what I mean.

Is there a standard value that I could put in there, or should be in there?

I will also attach the current and previous Machine and Config files and Hermann suggested.

The SPS errors should be easy -- if you navigate to the SPS, highlight it, and hit the "errors" button (takes the place of the Select button, IIRC, when you highlight a file with compilation errors), it will show you a list of each line that has an error, and the "view" button will jump you into the editor, directly on that line (you may have to expand all the Folds first). Simplest quick-fix is to comment out each line that's creating an error, and see what happens.

Most likely, the SPS errors are due to some of the variables you removed from $CONFIG.DAT. That's fine, those variables were for hardware you don't have, so you can just remove those parts from the SPS. In fact, you can probably just remove any Alema or Delphi sections from the SPS entirely, assuming they're clearly marked.

Hi SkyeFire,

Having a bit of trouble with the SPS. The SPS folder is empty and when I click on it says "no objects" on the other hand there is a SPS file under archive/disk/krc/r1/system. When i try to access it on the kuka it says "command not available".

I have attached both the current and the previous SPS files (not folder) hopefully that provides some clarity.

Please let me know if you need more info or files.

Cheers,

Chris

Advertising from our partners