Kuka robot project and difficulties

• I think You are right.

The best option, as suggested on previous posts, would be disabling E1.

You can do this poking with some variables (not recommended), or using the Axisconfigurator tool (recommended), that You will find at Setup > Service > Axisconfigurator. You need to be logged as Expert to use this.

Got it.

We are all meeting today to clone the HD and deactivate the 7th Axis. Wish us luck.

Dave

• Place your Ad here!
  • Getting somewhere

A USB key board and Mouse are required

• Configure
    • Enter user group
    • Bottom left screen – select expert
    • Password kuka
    • Setup > Service > Axisconfigurator
    • Continue
    • (Tab) External axis
    • Axis 7 – do the parameters look ok?
    • General data
    • External axis (middle right) click on the yellow field
    • Click on “CHANGE”. Bottom left of general data.
    • $EX_AX_NUN (was 1 now 0) and enter on the remote keyboard
    • Click “YES”
    • Click “SAVE”
    • Do you want you save changes? Enter “YES”
    • Click “OK”
    • Click “EXIT” and “YES”
    • Reboot the kuka – cycle the power

Edited once, last by Oatesy: added detail ().

• Just storing Info for reference:

[CONFIGURATION]

;WATCHDOG 1=enable

;WATCHDOG 0=disable

WATCHDOG=1

• Krc reboter
    • Init
    • Interbus.ini
    • Change WATCHDOG to 0
    • CLOSE
    • Save chagnes? Click “YES”

ERROR 310 Safety circuit for drives not ready.

• Encoder/resolver

Okay, that's interesting. That blue resolver/encoder is not standard KUKA equipment -- where does that cable run? I'm guessing that it doesn't go anywhere, and would have originally gone to the Alema computer.

It looks like someone added an external resolver and attached it to the drive shaft head at the back of the servo motor. How many axes have these added resolvers?

And, yes, your "7th axis/E1 errors" are caused by the missing 7th axis rail. Fortunately, as Massula said, removing this axis in software is simple.

• Okay, that's interesting. That blue resolver/encoder is not standard KUKA equipment -- where does that cable run? I'm guessing that it doesn't go anywhere, and would have originally gone to the Alema computer.

It looks like someone added an external resolver and attached it to the drive shaft head at the back of the servo motor. How many axes have these added resolvers?

And, yes, your "7th axis/E1 errors" are caused by the missing 7th axis rail. Fortunately, as Massula said, removing this axis in software is simple.

Hi SkyeFire,

Yes you're correct, we think the encoder used to go to now unused Alema computer. The encoder/resolver on the A1 is the only resolver luckily.

The current remains error is the watchdog error.

Getting close. So excited😁😁😁😁

• A long day and night yesterday.

Hermann. Yes we need to copy everything to the Google docs and Chris can post a link.

Skyefire, I am pretty happy with our progress, all be it we are flying blind and assumptions we fixate on are holding us back. Cloning the hard drive took hours as one of the USD$5 eBay hard drives was faulty, and yes it was the first one we tried.

FYI I'll post our notes on this separately.

Briefly - We needed to partition the target HD first with clonezilla and then clonezilla the partitions.

Yes our encoders (linear rail encoder missing) come into the top cabinet and fixed to the terminal strips, two relay contacts are added and this new multi strand cable goes to off to nowhere.

I don't have the drawings here. I'll post this as well.

Watchdog disable was a wild shot with an expectation of failure.

We did reboot to test it and set it back to enabled .

It's great to see Chris's folks back him on this wild ride with meals and beer where appropriate (Robots and beer are not the best of friends).

Where to next.

Post clonezilla notes.

Post HD and wiring to Gdocs for your entertainment.

Decommissioning of alema hardware and software handshakes and watchdogs.

It's new years Eve so we will do family stuff today.

Thanks for the support.

Dave

• No, don't post a complete backup of the HD. That's too much.

The Alema directory also will be not useful, and I think you will violate copyrights.

When robot runs there is a menu on the upper screen border. There select the left most entry "file", and you will find an entry to create an archive. Post that archive here on the forum. Don't use Google drive or something else like that. Those files will be inaccessible after some time, and this thread will get some kind of unusable therefore.

• As I already told You: the archive is enough. You are wasting your time.

In the attachement you get a cleaned archive. You can try to restore it to your robot.

But before you have to delete all files and subfolders on the robot beginning from /R1/Program (not the program folder himself). So f.e. robot*.src, the folders "AAC Programs", "Functions", "Sps" and so on.

Do this on the HMI of the robot, not in the windows explorer! This is because the robot during restore doesn't delete files before restoring from archive.

Error messages during deleting those files are normal, until you have deleted all files.

Before you delete folder "SPS" may be you have to cancel the submitinterpeter.

What I did:

There where some fragments in machine.dat of the 7. axis, I set them to default. Deleted all files of Alema.

Deleted user variables of Alema from $config.dat

Set bases and Tools to default.

Set SPS.Sub to default (deleted Alema stuff)

• What I did:

There where some fragments in machine.dat of the 7. axis, I set them to default. Deleted all files of Alema.

Deleted user variables of Alema from $config.dat

Set bases and Tools to default.

Set SPS.Sub to default (deleted Alema stuff)

Hermann,

I am blown away with your generosity of time to look into this. Just calling Chris to arrange a visit. Of course he is not answering.

He is about a 1 hour drive away so i need to confirm he is home but I am so excited. :smiling_face:

Dave

• Sorry Hermann. I mustn't have refreshed my page and didn't see your previous post. Sorry for any inconvenience.

here is the archive file :

• Hi Hermann,

We have been following your instruction regarding resetting the archive, however we couldn't delete the files because the delete button font is in light blue and does not respond to the mouse.

Thanks Hermann. We did cancel the Submit Interpreter and that enable us to delete files !!!

Thanks again Hermann.

this is what we did:

• Configure
    • User group
    • Admin
    • Password: “kuka”
    • Configure
      • Submit interpreter
        • Start/select
    • Configure
      • Submit interpreter
        • Cancel