Jog frame Data in variables?

• Ok, I tried a search in the forum but so far I haven't found anything I am looking for (lots on changing tool and user frames but not a lot for jog frames). So hopefully I am not bringing up an known problem.

Working on a pedestal Stud Welder. Set up the UserFrame/RTCP. Nothing I haven't done before. The customer would like to be able to move only in XY directions based on Quality fixture. Due to the set up its impossible for me to orient the part for each stud to accomodate this.

So I figured I would search the variables for where the Jog Frame data is stored and try to manipulate the R value (W,P,R) based on the stud being taught but only for Jog Frame 5. This would allow them to switch to Jog frame 5 when teaching each stud.

I found the variable the tells me the jog mode (joint vs jog vs user vs etc ....) I can't find the follower for Jog frame number (user and tool followers were easy to find as well as user and tool frame data). I found the active jog frame data but I can't find the stored 1 -> 5 jog frame data. Or a different solution I thought of was to increase jog frames and have individual ones per stud. But I can't find a way to increase it either.

So does anyone have any idea where to find the variables I am looking for, or a different idea to approach this problem? It's not high priority as its a customer request if its possible, but now that I've started I'm kinda curious if I can do it.

R-30iB controllers using 8.3

• I brought this forward to the customer as well, and they want a solution that won't potentially cause other issues. (such as touching up a point in the wrong user frame).

I'm always shaking my head these days as I am more and more often asked to come up with solutions that basic training takes care of but it seems they'd rather not spend money on training and have me try to idiot proof things. Ugh lol

• I brought this forward to the customer as well, and they want a solution that won't potentially cause other issues. (such as touching up a point in the wrong user frame).

I'm always shaking my head these days as I am more and more often asked to come up with solutions that basic training takes care of but it seems they'd rather not spend money on training and have me try to idiot proof things. Ugh lol

...I know what you mean...Every next project I get I find out I need to dumb things down even more...

Anyways I'm with HawkME on this one. Probably best to use an unused User Frame. To make it idiot proof you could always have BG_Logic running in the background that would prevent things getting out of whack by human error. There is a variable to check to see if that BG_Logic job is running, which you could check when any automatic operation is started (top of PNS or RSR, what have ya). That way you can throw an alarm if that BG_Logic job is stopped. Maybe this would work for you, maybe not.

EDIT: Found it. Brought up the robot homepage, used the Search Tool under Variables for "JOG" and I found $JOG_GROUP[1].$JOGFRAME = Recorded. The details can be opened up which shows the config and pos data. I put some random numbers in Jog Frame 1 and swapped back to that variable and did see those numbers matching. So it seems you'd be able to access the first jog frame under variables? Give it a try I guess and let us know if it worked for you? Hope this helps?!

Advertising from our partners