Finding a Position Register

• Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible. I was curious if there is a way on the Teach Pendants to get a list of where a particular Position Register is being used. Example, I see the PR[1] I am looking for in program D, but I want to know if it is in other programs, and since we have programs A-Z was curious if there is a way to just get a list of programs where this PR is used.

TIA!

• Remember that the Web Browser is a direct string comparison search. If the comments are enabled in your TP view, then I think the search will see the PR comment. For example, say you used 'Perch' as the comment for PR[2]. in the TP program, if comments are on then the line may be "J PR[2:Perch] 100%" .

If you search for "PR[2], you will not get results. You can instead search for "PR[2". The only problem is that you will also find PR[20], PR[21], etc. Or include the comment in your search: "PR[2:Perch"

• Another trick, if you are pretty good with Microsoft Word... and cannot use the web browser.

Perform an ASCII backup of your robot. This will give you all the robot’s programs in .LS extension, which can be opened with a text editor like Word. Then use Word to combine (merge) all the files together into a single Word document.

Then use Word find/search PR[2]

or maybe PR[1

as previously suggested.

Edited 2 times, last by USURP_RUR ().

• There are many editors that can be used to search text over several files at once:

notepad++ or ultraedit have the possibility of syntax highlighting.

Never ever use word for editing a source code of any programming language.

With those editors you can use regular expressions and find all PR[2 regardless of using comments or not.

• While word is fine for the merge and search method described above, I'm seconding hermann. Don't use it for editing .ls files. Only use a text editor for that, such as notepad, notepad++, ultraedit, or equivalent.

The reason is that word will add additional meta data to the file, making it unloadable.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners