KUKA KSD1-16 versions

• Hi fellas,

I'm a newbie here and I have a simple question, there are different versions of the KUKA KRC2 Drivers? For exemple, I found a KSD1-16 version 3, what happens if I use an older version? Or new version, will the robot work no problem? I'm worried about the servomotors too. I've seen some different art numbers as well, can you guys answer this?

Thank you very much!

• Hi Gabigol!

There is not problem about versions of the KUKA KRC2 drivers! You can put a version 1,2,3,4 in some axis and it's all right.

You only can't change the controller and potency boards of differents versions. This case can create a communication problem.

Nice.

• Hi there,

what is the difference between

- KSD1-16 KUKA article number 00-105-350

- KSD1-16 KUKA article number 00-122-285

Are both compatible with KRC2?

• First: Yes, both work in KRC2. What's the difference?: The difference is in the version of the electronic boards, both control and power. Changes such as component versions, integrated circuits. But the functions are exactly the same. In every period that I worked with maintenance of the drives, I always put the two models to work together.

• First: Yes, both work in KRC2. What's the difference?: The difference is in the version of the electronic boards, both control and power. Changes such as component versions, integrated circuits. But the functions are exactly the same. In every period that I worked with maintenance of the drives, I always put the two models to work together.

Hi mate

I know this is an old discussion but I am desperate for an answer.

One of the differences between versions is the input and output voltage and current.

Why is it different and should I be worried about it? My boss asks me about it but I cannot explain and now I have to find the exact same model that I am replacing (00-122-285).

Advertising from our partners