G3 Weld Ends

• My company just bought a G3 w/ TAWERS. I am having an issue with my weld ends. In manual/test/trace the weld completes where it should, but when running in auto the weld stops short of the last taught point. It doesn't stop at the second to last point, but somewhere in between. I have seen this across multiple programs in both linear and circular interpolation. Sometimes reteaching the points helps, sometimes not. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I have tried reteaching the circle weld on the latest program so that the torch cable does not wrap around the arm as much. I got the exact same result as before. I have also reduced the smoothing level to 0, no help.

• Update: I fixed the issue. It does seem to have been the smoothing level. Turns out I had set it at 0, then it was reset to my default (SL=6) when I retaught the positions (I deleted the steps and and started over).

• 2nd update: Solved this a while back. The issue was actually due to the flying start setting, which for TAWERS robots affects both the weld start AND end, so the robot was "flying" away from the weld end. According to support, it shouldn't be affected by the smoothing level. Solution was to disable flying start.

Advertising from our partners