.KL file to .PC with Roboguide

• Open a cell in Roboguide.

Expand the project tree.

Right click on Files node (under Robot Controller1).

You will have two options: Add or New file.

With Add, You will add an existing file to the project (file will stay at its original location).

With New File, You will create a new .kl file.

After using any of the options above, double click .kl file to open it on Roboguide text editor.

On Roboguide text editor toolbar You will find a Build button. Press it, and if .kl file is ok, without syntax errors, You will have a compiled .pc file.

If You get errors, You can try to correct them on Roboguide text editor itself.

• Thanks for your reply massula . When creating a cell in Roboguide the following error occurs: see picture.

Do you know what is going on? I am running robotguide handelingPRO (trial) with administrator rights.

"RGCCommonWorkcellWizard.RGCWorkcellWizardIntereface_CreateWorkcell

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SimPRO.RGCCommonWorkcellWizard.RGCWorkcellWizardInterface_CreateWorkcell()"

• After adding Inboud rules for both Roboguide.exe and HandlingPro.exe I was able to create a project tree.

And followed your steps with succes.

Thanks for your help massula !

• Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am trying to do the same. Was able to load my AoA image into RoboGuide, create a KL file but in my text editor, the Build button is grayed out. I am currently on a temporary development machine and in a trial version, might that be why?

• Thanks for clarifying massula! I was able to sideload WinOLPC+ and it will do the Karel translation in there as well...I assume this just calls the command prompt from a 'fancy' Windows UI. I was also able to compile with ktrans from the command line so I guess the next step is to try some of the compiled code to see if the robot plays nice. Thanks all!

Advertising from our partners