Fanuc R30iB I/O config problems

• Hello Everyone

I have a problem with proper assignment of digital IOs in Fanuc R30iB with Molex card and I/O Device I/O Controller.

Profinet connection is as shown on picture.

On Channel1 Port1 I have a Harms&Wende weldtimer (10 bytes Input/10 bytes Output) and then Festo module on the gripper of the robot (32DI/32DO).

On Channel1 Port2 I have Murr module from TipDresser (8DI/8DO).

My IO config is:

DI/DO [21-432] rack102 slot1 start21 Active - these are robot signals

DI/DO [2049-2080] rack101 slot2 start1 Active - this is the gripper

DI/DO [2501-2580] rack101 slot1 start1 Active - this is the weldtimer

DI/DO [2633-2640] rack101 slot3 start1 Invalid - this is the tipdresser

I have all the devices properly configured in Profinet(M) in the robot - all green status, gripper and weldtimer is working and I can see and operate on IOs from robot. I can't address tipdresser. If my thinking is right it should be on slot 3, but the robot doesn't want to accept it.
    Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong in here?

I'm very confused, because on another robot where I have two devices (Ch1Port1 - Gripper, Ch1Port2 - Glueing system) I addressed Gripper on slot 1 and Glue on slot 2 and all is ok (even though they work on different ports).

Also tried to temporarily put every device on port 1 (Robot Cabinet > Weldtimer > Gripper > TipDresser), and it also didn't work.

Is there maybe some setting like max. slots or sth?
    I'm really out of ideas here. Any help much appriciated.

Fanuc is a woman!:smiling_face:

• I have the robot set up for 4096 IOs in Ctrl Start>Menu>Program Setup and Num. Dig. Ports=4096 so this is not a case.
    As far as I managed to get to know, this card can only handle up to 2 devices...so I think that is my "solution".

But thank you anyway!:smiling_face::thumbs_up:

Fanuc is a woman!:smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners