KRC4 Teach Pendant bypassed by External Monitor

• Hey folks,

I'm having an issue since I connected an external monitor to rhe KRC4 Cabinet via DisplayPort.

Windows logs on and displays the UI of the Teach Pendant on the monitor, and the Teach Pendant is in some sort of auxiliary mode.

I'm unable to use the TP even if I unplug the monitor.

Before I did this I created another user with admin rights to share a folder on the network. I tried logging out and rebooting with cold start.

I also changed the IP of the KLI to 192.168.147 | 255.255.255.0 so I can see it on my network.

I'm also unable to jog the robot. When I press the deadmans switch on the TP, the buttons on the right side light up green but when I click them nothing happens.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

KSS Version 8.6.5

HMI Version 8.6 B0268

Kernel system version KS V8.6.268

• Don't have V8.6.

Try to select Cold start in the Menu Shutdown

Turn the robot controller off

Disconnect Monitor

Reboot Controller

Wait 2 or 3 minutes until the green flashing light on the Cabinet door (top left) turns solid green

Enable connection manager with the key on the smartPAD

Click on T1 and on the robot name/controller name

turn the key back to disable the connection manager

and it should be ok!

• what do you mean by "192.168.147 | 255.255.255.0"? that is an invalid IP

if cold start does not fix it, you can also restore known backup image

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Turned off controller with cold start, unplugged the monitor, turned controller back on. Waited for solid green light.

Here's a video of what's happening on the pendant.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

what do you mean by "192.168.147 | 255.255.255.0"? that is invalid IP

if cold start does not fix it, you can also restore known backup image

IP | SUBNET

• It seems that your changes screwed up something.

Reverse your changes made before the issue appeared, step by step and see what happens. If everything works back again,

try a different solution. There is no need to create a new user for sharing a folder.

Have a closer look to your mentioned IP address: 192.168.147 that is no valid address!

• IPv4 requires 4 octets, you only specified 3.

read messages

adding user etc. can also screw things up. try to remove new user you created, perform cold start.

if that does not fix it, restore good image (hope you collected it made sure it is good before messing with the robot).

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• My bad, forgot the .1

Changed the IP address back to 172.31.1.147

Deleted the new user.

The message in your screenshot appears when controller switches to Operator mode.

Tried connecting with a DVI cable. Initially used DisplayPort.

Same issue.

Unfortunately I don't have a system backup.

I'm also getting these errors on the Smart Pad.

From what I can tell the 172.17.x.x subnet is the system bus network (not real time). I haven't done any modifications in this area.

• SmartPAD IP itself is 172.16.0.254

I do have an older KSS Version, but I guess the following works on your smartPAD too.

Turn the Keyswitch and press the menu button...

in my case I see Buttons for

Info

Ping

RDP

Network

Display

6D Mouse

Language

Select Ping and by default it should show 172.17.0.1, if not type it in

Now hit the button Start and check if it shows

Answer from 172.17.0.1......

• My menu structure is the following:

About

---Version

---License

Configuration

---Language

---RDP

---Touch Sensitivity

---6D mouse calibration

Diagnose

There's no ping option, also the menu is the same regardless of the key switch.

Under RDP

Controller IP Address: 172.17.0.1

UserName: KukaUser

I have a button to connect, if I press it it says "HMI is connecting"

but after a while I get a message

"RDP Session. Connection to 172.17.0.1 failed"

And the "HMI is connecting" message turns to "HMI is disconnected"

There's the option to change the UserName and password but I haven't touched that...yet.

On the Windows side, I'm logged in as KukaUser. Tried logging out but nothing changes.

Initially when I turned on the controller on the monitor I was greeted by the logon screen, but once I logged on it continues to log on automatically every startup.

• Really bad that you can't ping it. Hard to tell if your IP is correct or not.

Check C:\krc\roboter\config\user\common\knet.xml to see if it includes the entry:

NonRealtimeIp="172.17.0.1" RealtimeIp="172.16.0.1" isLocalHost="true

If so I assume, that something is not right with your User "KukaUser". Maybe the new User you created messed up something in the User Rights. And I don't know if a re-install can fix it. I would use KUKA Recovery and create a new HDD which I would use for testing. On this new Hard Drive, I would go to D:\KRC-Release and install the KSS again. If with the new HDD the system comes up with a working smartPAD connection, I would care about getting my Fieldbus and my programs back. Maybe create another Image in between.

And only if all that is working properly and I have an up to date Image, I would look into the share and new User if really needed.

I don't have the recovery USB ...

then you should not be making changes to system such as creating users etc. anything you do could make system inoperable. having tools to restore previous state is essential. of course that also means that you have collected good state image before you attempt any changes....

what if I physically clone the SSD using a HDD Duplicator?

that is pretty much what USB recovery stick is for. but you need to have a good image (collected before while system was ok) in order to clone it back.

word of warning.... always make a backup before you make any change - even now. make sure to collect backup now (image/archive/project/krcdiag), before you try to overwrite SSD.

3) read 1 and 2

• Hey guys,

Today I flashed a new HDD image I got from the seller. Upgraded to KSS 8.6.6 (nice bonus).

Smart Pad fully functional.

Here's the robot handing me my coat at the end of the day. Bit of a tease raising it so high, but I'm in no position to complain at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0am7HpBdUk

And yes, I made a backup image right after the video was taken. When I have some spare time I'll try to reproduce the steps I took in messing up one at a time to determine which one was the culprit (creating user, changing IP address, connecting monitor, etc). I'll share any findings here for future reference.

Thanks for the support and the patience.

:guru:

Advertising from our partners