Reinstall KSS/clear data on used robot

• I just got in 4 used KUKA robots, KR210 L150's all with KRC2 ed2005 controllers. I am trying to set them up one by one (these are the first industrial robots our company has purchased) and I am running into issues due to the fact that the controllers are loaded up with everything from the past owners. Is there a way to factory reset them or atleast clear all those old settings and data points out? I keep trying to work my way through settings one by one but keep getting hung up on all the changes made and would love to work with a clean slate. The controller I am currently using has KSS 5.3.3 running i believe, if that helps at all. Thanks.

• first thing you should do is get good backup of everything (archive, hdd image...)

as for "factory setting", there is no such thing or at least not one.... there are many configurations and each of them has own defaults.

you can remove user programs, reset tools and bases, IO configuration, longtexts, etc. it all depends on what tech options you have installed. some files can be recreated from templates, like CELL.src and SPS.sub.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• So there is no way to just revert it back to the original "out of the box" settings, options, etc.. The more I try to do things, even just make a simple movement program I keep running into all the settings and parameters already programmed into the unit. I will look into backing things up first thing.

Is there a way I can get the original program templates that I assume were on the machine at some point? The only ones it is giving me when I try and start a new program have all been changed up. They keep referring to PLC connections that are not there and the INI has been changed and I cannot seem to find how to change that. Very overwhelming but reading through the forum has started to clear bits and pieces up for me

• Maybe you can try and reinstall the software KSS, you should have on D partition the backup of KSS software... just before installation the installer should ask you what to keep in R1 folder, and you deselect all the options, i think then you'll have clean KSS... but make a backup first, either clone the disk or at least make an archive...

• A good start would be checking for the installed option packages.

You should find a set of files in the log directory

You also should find a list of installed packages in the HMI: Help -> Info -> Options

• I used to have two BMW robots to do that had factory add-ons preloaded, they were quite blocked and had a lot of bugs. After some time, I managed to bring it to a good condition, but using quite unusual methods. Due to the risk of downtime, I decided to reinstall the system and kss and make a gostem copy.

• So do I need to get a different version

No, the daimler version should also work for you.

would reinstalling even get me were I am looking to be?

Nobody here can know this. Too little informations. If there are already installed some user defined programs you will get to a different state.

You should post an archive of the robot, then it will be easier to help.

• Step 1: used ACKN ALL button to clear all clearable messages.

Step 2: Start working through remaining messages, one at a time.

Most likely, a large number of the errors are I/O errors, b/c the robot was setup to communicate with external hardware that you did not get with the robot. Simplest way to kill these errors will be to comment out everything in the [DRIVERS] section of C:\KRC\ROBOTER\INIT\IOSYS.INI.

Odds are, the batteries are dead, which probably leads to voltage errors and Mastering errors. If the batteries are not holding a charge, then the Mastering will be lost every time you turn off the controller.

Resolving these two issues should eliminate the bulk of the errors you're seeing.

• Thank you all for the suggestions, I am working through them slowly and I have gotten the robot to move some while also clearing out old programs and parameters. Is it a common issue to get the error "work envelope exceeded" when trying to run through a simple PTP movement program? I will jog one axis at a time to the position that I want and record it, then I will Select the Line before to move it back which it will, then I try to move it to that new spot and it will give that error... even though it just did the movement in reverse. It makes no sense to me and I feel I am missing something.

• deactivate configured workspaces. to touchup Cartesian position, you must have tool and base selected and associated with position.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• axis spaces are declared in robot MADA.

Cartesian spaces are declared in controller MADA.

you can collect archive, extract it on your PC and use full text search. that's how you find things about your robot, where they are etc.

also read READ FIRST... to see what key manuals you need, how and where to get them.

once you know where to find them you can edit them on the robot.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners