yaskawa xrc sv3 I/O

• Hi all ! I a begginer in this field so I need some help . I have an Yaskawa motoman sv3 with INFORM 2 language .

I want to use it for packing and handling .For this I need to use some sensors and have some outputs .

1. main program works parallel with ladder ? Logical i/o are used only in ladder ?

2. ladder for general purpose is selected automatic :confused_face: there are 3 types of ladder for welding purposes )

3. There is a tutorial for this language ? Yaskawa think I was born already with this programm in my brain !

4. P position parameter how can be deal with when program ask ?

Thank s!

• 1. Robot jobs run in parallel with the ladder. Logical i/o and physical i/o are tied together in the ladder. Logical i/o is what is used in a robot job. Physical i/o is wiring on the terminal strips.

2. The application is set during the initialization of the controller. 3 types of ladder for welding was probably arc, arc+arc, arc+arc+arc. Single robot on the controller, two robots on the controller, or 3 robots on the controller.

3. https://www.motoman.com/en-us/…ing/product-documentation

4. Don't know it means.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Ohh , thanks for your answer ! So I must build my own ladder for my desire purpose? The existing general purpose ladder wont function good for me! If I build my own ladder save it , the system will work with him and can I switch to him ?! How can I save ladder from my system ? I do not have any kind of floppy attached to my hardware .

Thank s!

• So I must build my own ladder for my desire purpose? The existing general purpose ladder wont function good for me!

Depends on what you want to do. The ladder is already written when the controller is initialized for that application. Logical and physical io is already mapped. In most cases, the only time you need to change the ladder is to reassign communication card's io (plc, op station) to some other function. If you just need to wire in some sensors and fire some discrete outputs, the mapping should already be done.

How can I save ladder from my system ? I do not have any kind of floppy attached to my hardware .

Inside the controller on the XCP board there is a slot for a compact flash card with pcmcia adapter.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• How suppose to look a line code for a sensor in IN1 in a movj sentence line ? After UNTIL I must put the name of input aka IN01 and condition ON . But not work ! in I/O menu is change his state and have 0010 logical input . In external input menu is name it 204x and also change his state . What I'm doing wrong ?

• If I understand you correctly, external output address 2040 is changing states. Universal input 1 (address 0010) is also changing states.

If you are writing a line MOVJ VJ=xxx.xx UNTIL IN#(1)=ON the robot is going to move towards the position until the robot either reaches the position OR the IN#(1) comes on.

Try using a WAIT IN#(1)=ON

If I remember correctly on XRC initialized as general purpose address #2030 goes to #0010 (Input #1). #2040 goes to #0020 (Input #9). But I might be wrong or the ladder changed.

• Hi again ! Yes I can do make moves , save them by teaching but I need to go deeper , so when I choose Inform list button and after MOVJ it follow an P000 parameter . Is a counter of position ?If I set him P001 at the second line of my program I do have an error . Did exist any tutorial on web ? Thank s!

• Using a Move out of the INFORM LIST will have the robot move to the position defined in the position variable. What is the error description you are getting? Did you set up the variable or does the robot job set up the format and position?

• Ok. You need to define the position variable. You manually or your job needs to set the format of the varriable (Pulse, Base, Robot, Tool, User) and the position to go to.

• Hi and thank you ! I got some points but still not able to chose between the variable . Simple I wanna pick up an object by a pneumatic grip then placed some near by . I will use a pneumatic grip so I need to open that grip and closed when job done . I will use a sensor for checking the presence of object in the bay area , so the arm must wait for that object to come .

An example of coding will be helpful .

Thank s

• What s the difference between pulse , base , robot format variable ?! I didn t find on web nothing about this subject . Can Yaskawa give me some lessons ?

• I do not have the HAND instruction , but instead I have TOOLON and TOOLOF . How I can get HAND instruction? Is a parameter to change ?

• Thank you mate ! Call service , now wait a feedback . Still I have a question : if I use an external valve driven by DIN and DOT instruction I should can use my pneumatic gripper ?

• DOUT or PULSE instruction to operate gripper. Depending on valving.

WAIT or DIN instruction if you have gripper sensors. DIN only reads the status. You would need to write other instructions to react on the status.

• Please be free to explain more !! NWAIT is the same with WAIT ? If I use Inform button I must pass this P (position) parameter and I do not know how to fill X ,. Y , Z , when I defined . My gripper are considered a tool ? Should I must measured and defined in the right area ?

Actually I have a button to emulate a sensor on IN1 .

MOVJ VJ=25.00 PL=0 NWAIT UNTIL IN1=ON .He feels the button but doesn t wait till I release to change the status of that button , instead make a pause and continue the program . What I am wrong ?

• The NWAIT command tells the robot NO to WAIT for the robot to finish it's current motion and do the following non-motion instructions.

Example;

MOVJ VJ=25

DOUT OT#1 ON

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 OFF

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 ON

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 OFF

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 ON

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 OFF

TIMER 0.5

In the above code, the robot will get to the position and then flash the output 3 times before continuing.

Now the same code with a NWAIT

MOVJ VJ=25 NWAIT

DOUT OT#1 ON

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 OFF

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 ON

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 OFF

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 ON

TIMER 0.5

DOUT OT#1 OFF

TIMER 0.5

In the above code the robot moves to the position AND flashes the output at the same time (provided the move takes longer than 3 seconds).

Robodoc

Advertising from our partners