Connection from KRC4 compact to DMX Light source

• I have a KRC4 compact controller fitted with an EK1100 and EL1809/2809 EtherCat modules, and I have bought an EL6851 DMX master, and a DMX light source which is fitted with an RJ45 connection port. The goal is to RGBW signals from the controller to the light source.

I'm looking for some help putting it all together. I understand I'll need to connect the X65 on the controller to the input on the light source with an ethernet cable.

The EL6851 is now connected to the EtherCat Bus next to the other ELxxxx modules. Do I need to connect any of the ports on the face of the EL6851 back to the EK1100 (or anywhere else)?

Thanks for any help

• mandem

Changed the title of the thread from “Connection from KRC4 compact to DMX Light source fitted with RJ45 connector” to “Connection from KRC4 compact to DMX Light source”.
  • first of all did you check with KUKA is this module is supported? digital I/O are largely supported (EL1xxx and EL2xxx) but there are some limitations when it comes to others, specially EL6xxx products.

assuming it is, you cannot connect E6851 directly to KEB, it needs a bus coupler EK1100. so either you mount this module with your existing EK1100 or get another EK1100 just for this unit.

if you are adding EK1100, your controller schematics will show how EK1100 is wired. there are two sets of positive and negative terminals for power.

X65 is EthreCat bus (KEB). you could use it to connect the external EK1100. but this is not DMX line. you need to wire ports of EL6851 tp your DMX enabled light

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I'm not sure if the module is supported do you know anywhere I could check online - my search results are returning nothing of use.

Assuming the EL6851 is compatible, are you saying I should unmount the El1xxx and El2xxx and mount the El6815 directly next to the EK1100?

• I'm not sure if the module is supported do you know anywhere I could check online - my search results are returning nothing of use.

Only Kuka knows, ask their hotline, or if you already have the module try it by yourself.

Assuming the EL6851 is compatible, are you saying I should unmount the El1xxx and El2xxx and mount the El6815 directly next to the EK1100?

No, You can add it at the end.

• Thanks for the clarification,

The Light source also has a 3 pin XLR. So provided the EL6851 module is supported I think I am going to use that - it now seems like the simpler option

• It seems the EL6851 is not compatible with Kuka

As an alternative does Ek1100 -> EasyCat shield -> Arduino -> Dmx shield -> Dmx light source sound like a workable alternative?

Advertising from our partners