Manual robot jog for HMI

• Hello All, let's have a little discussion about things that I always wonder about.

Do you have some ideas on how to implement robot jogging using HMI or buttons on the control panel, let's say the robot is stopped and motors are running. I have an idea to jump to some interrupt in the task if the button is pressed and to go to motion routine where I would use x,y,z variable typed on HMI, or maybe I will let the robot working as the SKIP LBL work in one program, or maybe do you have some other more elegant ideas how to implement this. The point is not to train operators to use flex Pendant, to make them a simple option for jogging from the control panel while the robot is in auto mode. Thank you.

I have been looking for a similar topic in this forum, but cannot find anything.

so let's discuss

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

• If you use a Siemens PLC you can use Sharp7 library (which is basically a C# driver for siemens PLCs) together with some DLLs from PCDK and build and embed your own app directly to the PLC's HMI using C#. Sharp7 is really powerfull, coupled with the DLLs from PCDK. It basically bridges the gap between standalone application development (PCDK) and traditional PLC controls. Whatever you imagine can be done on the PLC's HMI. Even custom vision applications built directly into the HMI with duplex communication and controls (robot - vision - plc).

• I'm not sure if it was the correct way to do this, but for a Kuka "in an open space and Safe-Op" I've allowed operators to jog independent axis and/ or Cartesian mode xyz from the HMI. In my main loop I would look for the specific button "Jog A3 Positive". Then jump to that subprogram where I would move A3 to the max axis limit until the HMI PB was released with an interrupt in the robot code. More interlocks could of been made in hindsight looking back, but it worked for what was needed.

• I'm not sure if it was the correct way to do this, but for a Kuka "in an open space and Safe-Op" I've allowed operators to jog independent axis and/ or Cartesian mode xyz from the HMI. In my main loop I would look for the specific button "Jog A3 Positive". Then jump to that subprogram where I would move A3 to the max axis limit until the HMI PB was released with an interrupt in the robot code. More interlocks could of been made in hindsight looking back, but it worked for what was needed.

Hello there, it's one of a good idea. Thanks for that, i have tried also in Fanuc robot to making program and also looping some program with waiting signal from HMI.

Advertising from our partners