Robot slows down when points are close to each other

• We got a new GP50 yrc1000 robot that will be 3d printing but during the first testprint it slowed down in different places.

It seems that when ever the points a close to each other the robot slows down. I made a small test program(please see the attached files) to illustrate this.

When running a similar program on our MH24 the speed is constant. No slowing down what so ever.

The tool is calibrated and the robot is no where near a singularity.

Does anybody have a good idea as to why this is happening?

• Hi,

I have the same issue with the old version MH50 (dx100) and MH50II(DX200). The only way to avoid the problem is to reduce the numers of point involved.

I don't use RoboDK but I think that you can refine the path.

• Hi,

I have the same issue with the old version MH50 (dx100) and MH50II(DX200). The only way to avoid the problem is to reduce the numers of point involved.

I don't use RoboDK but I think that you can refine the path.

As the robot is used for 3d printing every time it goes up one layer height it needs to move up by 0,9mm then 1,2mm to the side. This causes the robot to slow down and there is no way it could be done any diffrent I'm affraid.

• So apparently the Yrc1000 controller is different from dx100 and dx200.

The problem I'm having can almost be solved with something called "Speed priority control function".

By default the robot will slow down when the distance between teaching positions is too short to reach the specified speed.

To overcome this you used the instructions HPVELON and HPVELOF the beginning and end of the program.

It works more or less as I want it too but there are still some things that could be better

• Which version of software controller do you have?

This is the information I see under the menu "Version information"

system:YAS3.11.00A(EN)-00

Parameter: 3.31/3.31

Model:1-06VX50-A0*(GP50)

The "Speed priority control function" did not solve the issues.. or sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Really frustrating

• It's a personal impression (according to my experience) YRC1000 robots has a different dynamic behavior compared with previous controllers. For example I noticed robot slows down when points are very close to each other (like you are saying) or when you have WAIT IN#(x)=ON instruction even if the input is already ON at execution time, or if you enable PL option in MOV instructions.

I found some improvements upgrading sw to the latest version, so my suggestion is try to upgrade the sw.

• Hi Motrobot,

I'm not sure it can help you in this specific situation, but RoboDK can filter the output points so that they aren't too close to one another.

"Tools"->"Options"->"Program"->"Minimum step size (mm)"

That might not be the best solution in your case thought.

Jeremy

RoboDK - Simulation and Offline programming software for industrial and collaborative robots.

Visit us at RoboDK.com
    Take a look at our tutorial videos on our YouTube channel.

Advertising from our partners