Omron

• Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some help programming some steps on Omron's ACE software version (3.8.3.150) I am using a Cobra 650 Robot.

I am having the following issues....

1. It seems that I need to be connected to the ACE software in order for the robot to execute movements?

PLC is sending start bit, but no movement from robot until we connect laptop to ACE software. Would like to be able to run Programs without PC connection.

2. Still having issues getting the robot to wait when there is no part present. Even when simulating “No Signal” the robot will continue to execute the pick sub routine. Would like to the Robot to wait until the “conveyor ready” signal is on before picking parts.

3. trying to figure out how to get the robot to “move to safe position” with an input signal command.

If you would like to help out directly, please send me a message.

Thank You!

VC

Edited once, last by VC3PRO ().

• Place your Ad here!
  • Hi, VC3PRO.

I've moved Your post to Adept board because this model and ACE software were previously branded Adept. But I will talk to Admins to update the name of this board as well.

I think the best way to obtain help on this forum is put your questions in a clearly and structured way. Is also good provide most information as possible. For example, what version of ACE you are using?

• I am having the following issues....

1. It seems that I need to be connected to the ACE software in order for the robot to execute movements?

I"m not an Omron connoisseur, but I had contact with their robots recently, and as far I can tell, robot should work without a laptop connected to it.

I remember that in case of conveyor tracking or vision systems, additional licenses were required.

• Thank you for the insight!

Do you know if there was a teach pendant and/or buttons on the robot control panel? I am running a 2 robot cell, and there is no teach pendant,nor any run mode or power switch.

This particular set up I am working with has the Robot loading its program upon receiving power. Then the robot waits for a start bit to execute the program. This Start bit has been programmed into the ACE software and PLC Logic.

I'd like the PLC to send the start bit to the robot and have the robot execute the program.

This works fine when the Laptop is connected to ACE software and robot controller.

• Do you know if there was a teach pendant and/or buttons on the robot control panel? I am running a 2 robot cell, and there is no teach pendant,nor any run mode or power switch.

On this kind of robot, teach pendants are normally optional. If I recall correctly, this also happens with EPSON robots.