Starting point detecting function on 3 direction

• Hi, I'm doing an internship and at my company, we are using a Yaskawa robot MA1900 with a DX100 for welding.

They were using a weird method (to me lol) to make the starting point detecting function.

Like they would only use the function in 1 direction and would add the result in a single P that they would call afterwise.

Anyway I managed make the function for 2 directions work.

My question is, is it possible or is there an existing macro that would move in all 3 directions using the starting point detecting function?

Sorry if I'm not clear enough, if it's the case, I'll add some pictures to what I meant.

Thanks

• Hei

The function you are referring to uses touch sensing to calculate the shift ammount?

If that's the case then welding robots usually come with premade so-called search jobs for different seams. There are many of them - 1, 2 or 3 direction inside corner, 2 or 3 direction outside corner; 2 direction inside corner combined with an outside corner search on the 3rd direction; edge search; circumference search with 3 directions etc.

And for more complicated/demanding seams one will often have to make a touch sensing job of their own, like this V-groove bottom search I made a few months back

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi, thanks for your answer.

Yes that's the one i'm using I think. I read through most of the documentation we have about those robots, and saw that we're supposed to have some stored macros. But I'm not able to find them.

Woah nice video there I wish I knew how to make something like that. I'll probably have to make something like this

• Dear Reintz,

Your work looks amazing. I am new to Motoman, was able to start XRC controller with two UP6 arms from the scratch, so have platform on which I can learn. Would you be so kind to share the manual about macros and search jobs?

Would be grateful for your support

• @Reintz ive been doing a tig fusion welding job with yrc1000 ar1440 and im facing the same problem . i have touch sense and macro enabled can you send me a copy of your program.

thank you very much

Advertising from our partners