INTP-105 Run request failed, trying to start program with RUN_TASK built-in

• Hi,

i am trying to run a TP program with the built-in procedure RUN_TASK (Karel). I can call a TP Program with the CALL_PROG procedure but i want to have the possibility to abort the program by starting (RUN_TASK with higher priority) a Aborting Program. So i want to run it simultaneously in a task.

I always get the error: INTP-105 Run request failed. How can i fix it? Do I have to play around with the motion groups? I am not so much into the motion group topic..

I have btw a : LR Mate 200iD/7L with a R-30iB Mate cabinet Controller

I tried different variations in my parameters (RUN_TASK('TESTJOB',0,FALSE,TRUE,1,status) etc.)

and i tried to Lock and Unlock the motion group with the built in procedure LOCK_GROUP and UNLOCK_GROUP(1,status)

nothing worked

Does anybody has an idea what i am doing wrong?

Code
    RUN_TASK('TESTJOB',0,FALSE,FALSE,1,status)
  • Check the motion group mask for the TP program. It cannot have the same groups enabled as any other TP program that is running (or not aborted).

For example if you have a main TP program that uses motion group 1 that is started you cannot run any other task with the same motion group. In fact you should abort that other TP program before running another task of the same motion group. If you call that program in TP it would run on the same task thread so would not cause an issue. It only becomes an issue when you are multi-threading with the same motion group.

• Thanks for your fast reply!

I didn't set any motion groups, so i think they should be in default.

When I go throug MENU-Utilities-Group Exchg i got the following screen:

I am not sure what i am supposed to do there

• Default for a TP program is to use motion group 1. You need to go to the select menu on the TP, highlight your programs and check the detail menu to see.

Are you using motion command in this tp program?

Also there should be more detail on the alarm, go to alarm history and find out.

• Also, make sure your karel program isn't locking the group. Place %NOLOCKGROUP at the top of it so the compile doesn't assign a group mask to it.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• From your program list, select your program and hit "detail" (F2). If F2 is "create," hit the next button and it will be detail. Set the group mask to be all asterisks.

Thank you! That worked

But it only works, if there is no motion in the program. And this program needs the permission to move the robot by setting the Group mask to a number (1-..)?? ???

%NOLOCKGROUP ist at the top of the KAREL code. Do i need other procedures do run a task in a motion group?

• Yes I am pretty sure. I cold started the controller before running the code and i tried it with abort all, several times

When i set the group mask to * there is no point or touchup , so i am not able to put a motion inside of it

and when there is motion in the program i can't set the group mask to *

Yes i checked the alarm history, there isn't more than:

INTP-105 Run request failed

• If there is motion then the group mask cannot be all asterisk, it has to allow motion. So that is normal.

I'm not a karel expert so maybe some else can chime in on why it isn't working.

Playing devils advocate, Is there a reason why you need to use Karel for this? You can run tasks, call programs, and abort all in regular TP programming. Personally, I'm not a Karel fan.

• Okay, thanks for your help. Maybe i'll find a solution.

Yea I need to do it with Karel cause I want to controll the robot with a Windows PC, because I have to integrate the robot control into an existing software. So therefore i build up a socket messaging connection and send some data between them to start programms, edit Position registers or get the current position

• I don't know how your program is set up or exactly what you're trying to do, but my guess/understanding is that you're running a motion program; you want to monitor for a particular condition, if that condition occurs you want to abort the running program motion program and start a new one (possibly a homing routine or something like that). If that's the case, you can set up a condition handler to detect your abort condition, use the ABORT_TASK procedure to abort the running motion program and release control of the motion group, and then call your recovery program.

• Thanks a lot for your help!

I solved my problem:

I haven't give the control of the motion group. Therefore I had to use the UNLOCK_GROUP procedure (and the %TPMOTION directive, but not sure if this is necessary) to do this.

That's a bit weird, because I have the %NOLOCKGROUP directive at the beginning and I actually tried this before. But now it works

• Hi FLrobotics,

I am facing the same problem, can please explain a little bit more how you resolved this problem, please!

Here is my KAREL code, I am stuck with motion groups.
    please note that I am sending positional data to the robot through an HTTP request and transforming it to xyzwpr and then calling a TP program from the KAREL program but my robot does not move and I am not getting an error on the TP screen.

• Here is my KAREL code, I am stuck with motion groups.
    please note that I am sending positional data to the robot through an HTTP request and transforming it to xyzwpr and then calling a TP program from the KAREL program but my robot does not move and I am not getting an error on the TP screen.

I'm not sure, but I think the issue is that, if the KAREL program is calling the TP program, then the KAREL program is trying to take control of the motion group. Even though the KAREL program has no motion commands, the TP program is being executed in the "thread" of the KAREL program, and as such, any motion control the TP program is trying to execute, is being executed under the "authority" of the KAREL program.

Advertising from our partners