New Fanuc 120i

• Hi all

Just a quick introduction as i'm new to the forum :smiling_face:

We are based in the UK and have a full manufacturing facility with machining and welding.

We have just made our first leap into robotics with a Fanuc 120i with a twin shuttle system welding from a Kemppi Pulse Pro 3000 power source and a water cooler just over a week ago

We have started welding end caps with a horizontal butt weld and a vertical down weld which seemed to go alright (pic attached, slight tweaks to positioning after this photo)

We are now getting up underneath this box section and welding in the overhead vertical position and it is proving to be a REAL pain! We just have enough clearance but i'm really struggling to get a good weld

Our welding schedules on the pendant are split into

Volts 0-50v - I believe this is the trim value?

Amps 0 - 300a - This is synergic and i've been told matches the wire speed with the amps

Speed (mm/sec) - Self explanatory

Can anyone elaborate a bit more on the difference between the volts and amps? I have been told that volts is the heat or penetration of the weld puddle and the amps is the heat of the arc and amount of wire (as they are synergic)

• Trim is voltage correction in synergic and pulsed welding and on Kemppi it is usually set -9 ... +9 V (I'm not sure for Kemppi Pulse Pro).

Are these set parameters or feedback? Did you read welding parameters on power source or on robot?

Because 5 V are not enough for welding ...

Advertising from our partners