ORANGE KUKA SCREEN

• Hello fellas,

I have a KUKA Smartpad that does not load the HMI, it freezes on the orange kuka smart. On the mainboard there are 3 LEDs, If 2 leds are flashing, the software has corrupted.

If you there are more unlit LEDs, it means that you have more current problems, right? Has anyone experienced the same thing? And another thing is that there is a programable chip causing the problem, and the only way to solve it, is take this chip from other SmartPad (same version) and clone it. Does some one have already tried do it?

What can be the cause to damage this chip?

Thanks!

• what version of smartPad? what is the controller KSS version? if there is a hardware issue, how would you determine that and narrow it down to a specific chip? how did this happen? was it connected to controller with different KSS and unplugged or powered down during firmware upgrade? did it have time to power down?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello Panic mode

SmartPad Art N: 00-168-334 (Not the original, the older version);
    KSS: 8.5.8;
    KRC4 SMALLSIZE;

The Smartpad was working fine. Then we needed the SSD for a test in another robot, we turned of the robot, and took the SSD. After the tests, another technician, turned the robot on without SSD, and the Smartpad was on "Waiting for cyclic connection", what is normal, cause its without SSD obviously. After turning the robot off again, putting the SSD back in place, and turning the robot on, the Smartpad got on the KUKA orange screen. We changed the Smartpad and the HMI was loaded.

The info I passed on the previous post, another KUKA technicians passed to me, and I was seaking to understand all of that.

Thanks again!

• are you sure correct HDD was installed? when smartPad and KRC4 start, check is performed to see if smartPAd version matches KSS on the HDD. if they are not compatible, smartPad firmware is updated. if HDD is from different robot (using different KSS) update would be a natural step. but if the firmware file is corrupt or incompatible, or if update is interrupted by unplugging smartPAd or powering system down, there is a good chance that smartPad will be bricked. this is mentioned in READ FIRST topic and it includes screenshot normally shown during update. in case of FW corruption you can retry procedure and if it does not work, your smartPAd need to be sent to KUKA for repair.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello guys I have the same problem here, the smartpad froze on the orange screen, after a day, I reconnected it on the robot and the menu appeared normally, the orange screen is an intermittent problem. I would like to know if there is more to do than send to KUKA, as we are a technical assistance, we have to resolve this flaw internally

Advertising from our partners