Fanuc robot software version?

• When you install Roboguide, it asks which robot software version you want to install. If I were to look on the teach pendant of the robot, how do I found out what version that robot is running? I know if I go to

Menu / Next / Status / Version ID

and look under software, I see that line 11 says Software Edition No. V8.10/30 on one particular robot in my plant. Is this the correct way to look it up? I have the hard drive space, but felt it unneccesary to install every version and would like to limit it to only what we actually have.

• HawkME, that is exactly what I plan on doing. Thanks for the reply, it's nice to get some reassurance that I'm not screwing it up.

On a semi related note, I've seen in the Fanuc CRC section where you can download and update your software. I'll not be doing this because I'm scared I'll hose the system, but do people do that so they standardize the software running? What's the advantage?

• I never update. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I'm quite the opposite - always looking out for a new roboguide update and installing. Sometimes they gift us some nice new features! The one I use a lot lately is the program drop down list on the virtual teach pendant. Sure I can hit F9 (Select) and cursor up and down on the VTP, but selecting quicker from a drop down list is more favorable to me.

• To clarify, when I said I don't update software, I meant on the real robot.

For Roboguide, I will update periodically.

Ah yes, definitely. One time though I was instructed from FANUC with no hesitation after telling him my software version to update, immediately. That's the only occurrence I've had though. Other than that the software version the robots have come with have been fine.

Advertising from our partners