Step Mode Control

• Hello all, I am looking for information regarding controlling Step Mode. I have a robot (R30ib -HandlingTool 7.7) that will not enter step mode while in automatic cycle. When the teach pendant is enabled it will allow step mode.

I have compared all of the step settings to other identical robots and they are the same. Any ideas? I have gone through the system variables and step mode settings I could find in the manual.

I am starting to think there is a Karel program blocking it.

• I can't think of a reason why to put a production robot actually producing, in step mode during auto instead of just pressing hold :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: but this is propably the variable you need to check: $RSMPRG_SV.$no_step.

When in AUTO mode check the status of this variable. Check any KAREL routines or BG LOGIC that mess around with this variable.

Also check $SSR STRUCTURE and specificaly $SSR.$singlestep.

• I can't think of a reason why to put a production robot actually producing, in step mode during auto instead of just pressing hold :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: but this is propably the variable you need to check: $RSMPRG_SV.$no_step.

When in AUTO mode check the status of this variable. Check any KAREL routines or BG LOGIC that mess around with this variable.

Also check $SSR STRUCTURE and specificaly $SSR.$singlestep.

Those are the variables I compared to the other robots and they are identical. I personally don't use the step function in that manner, but the people on the floor do when they want to stop the robot right before a point they want to touch up.

Advertising from our partners