Kuka iiwa 14 won't move, "Error in safe device. Safety control paused"

• Hi,

We have this error showing up on our Kuka LBR iiwa 14, and I'm not quite sure where to start the diagnostic. I've researched the error pretty extensively on this forum, and I've seen that it had been previously attributed to problem with fuses, but I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine. I would welcome any guidance towards the next step I should be doing in order to resolve this issue. The device refuses to move even though it has no load. Is there any way I can re-calibrate it or reset the torque sensors?

Running Sunrise 1.13.0.5 if that is any help.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• this is robot with by far greatest sensitivity of any industrial robot. and yes, it also need to be handled with care because it cannot take much punishment. and it cannot be repaired in field. usual problems are blown fuse or deploying project with wrong configuration. but those are not the only possible problems, there is nothing to rule out hardware faults. there is no visible external force acting on it, but that does not mean that joint is not stressed. it could be seized due busted gears just to name one.

if movement cannot be resumed and safety controller is involved, one thing worth trying is KRF mode. for example unmaster affected axis and try again.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for the info! I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but how do I access the KRF mode? I looked around online and there isn't much information on it...

• gee, it's been a while...

and diagnostics on Sunrise is kind of limited.

KRF mode is operating mode like T1, but may allows you to move and recover from certain situations like axis limits, etc.

in some cases it is shown as mode selection option (certain fault type detected). otherwise, one may try to force it.

if i recall correctly , change mode to T1, unmaster one axis, login as safety (password is 'argus') then you should be able to select KRF mode and try jogging again.. (away from obstacle or limit). if this helps you an always master axis again.

and you can always generate diagnostics package and contact KUKA support

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I'm on T1 mode, but I seem unable to unmaster any of the axes... I've logged in as safety and the same happens, it just tells me to hold the enabling switch even though the switch is being held...

Thanks so much for your help!

Advertising from our partners