E stop error

• Hello guys.

I have an issue with a robot controller. It shows multiple errors regarding a fuse blown and operator and external e-stop beeing pressed.

I checked the two green fuses behind the e-stop button and also the 3 white ones inside and they are fine.

You will find the error list bellow :

The controller model is R30-iA

Thank you in advance!

• All the fuses I found are 2 on the e stop board and 3 inside the cabinet, there might be one missing but I don't have the electrical drawing available.

Currently checking cable connections

• Are you providing the e-stop board with an external source of 24V? If not, check on your e-stop board for a jumper between EXT24V and INT24V, and one between EXT0V and INT0V.

As mbull says, check for 24V between TBOP6-9 (EXT24V)& TBOP6-12 (EXT0V).

Make sure to check the fuses with a meter. Seen twice in the last year where a MP-style Daito fuse was fuse was open but the flag did not appear in the window.

• Since it came up...

What are the internal 24V pins for? I understand the need to short the EXT and INT pins when you are NOT using an external supply, but are these INT connections intended to supply other safety devices? Internal 24V should be internal, right? Why would you be bringing 24V to those pins from elsewhere in the controller?

Just asking because I don't know. Hoping someone else does...

• For many applications, using the internal 24V works fine. If the run chain is monitored by other safety devices in the cell, then using the same 24V as the other cell components works out easier. A safety PLC monitoring multiple robots is a good example.

Advertising from our partners