Fanuc ARC Mate 120ic Collision Detect At Full Speed

• Hey guys,

I am having an issue when doing linear moves on a Fanuc ARC Mate 120 ic at full speed. If im running around 1500 mm/s its okay but when I switch to 2000 it will fault the robot(collision detect) and abruptly put the brake on. These robots are on an existing line that we are modifying. This isn't something I have ran into before. They really seem to accelerate really quickly and violently compared to the new exact same model robots on the line. The existing robots have 8 years of hard production on them. I am not sure if this is software advances or someone messing around with some acceleration values. I would try to lower the collision detect sensitivity but the move really doesn't look very nice to start with. I am not doing anything abnormal position wise. I am hoping for some expert opinions on this one. For now I am operational running at 75% speed, but cycle time is a huge issue so I am trying to understand what exactly is happening here.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin

• By your post I understand that this happens during Linear moves, what about Joint moves at full speed? Do they produce the same error? And also one more question, does this move, the linear one, include a violent orientation change of your TCP ? It is very important to use degrees/sec instead of mm/sec during a linear move that involves an orientation change of the TCP

• By your post I understand that this happens during Linear moves, what about Joint moves at full speed? Do they produce the same error? And also one more question, does this move, the linear one, include a violent orientation change of your TCP ? It is very important to use degrees/sec instead of mm/sec during a linear move that involves an orientation change of the TCP

I just remember I posted about this. I am going to check all those variables now. It seems to only be linear moves. What you said about the TCP change could be whats causing the issue as well.

• Check the $Group[1].$USEMAXACCEL system variable. This forces it to use maximum acceleration for every movement, regardless of acceleration instructions in your program.

Someone had set it to 150%. This is why my acceleration was so violent. My new robots I have were set to 100%

Advertising from our partners