Milling Application 2 Robots 1 Table

• Hi everyone,

We have KRC2 KR210 L150-2K with 15meter Linear rail milling application. we used it for molds and parts machining.

so if we have big parts to be machine we rotate the table and the same reference origin.

Now we are planning to get the same robot to work side by side together on 1 part.to make the process faster.

i know that there will be a mismatch issue on this it can be a linear or tilt.

is there a way to fix that issue or anyone have work on like this before? or to make the robot mill on the same level.

i attached a photo for reference.

thank you.

• Emben22

Changed the title of the thread from “milling application 2 robot 1 table” to “Milling Application 2 Robots 1 Table”.
  • How is the table rotated? How is the reference frame for the robot created?

If the table is not being controlled as an external axis of the first robot, then getting both robots to "share" the table is as simple as creating the Base frame the same way in both robots, using the same points. Of course, this is vulnerable to the basic issues of robot accuracy, but if you've been doing milling with your original robot, you probably understand this already.

Since you're doing milling, I assume you already have good CAD for the dimensions between the robot and the table. Repeating this for the new robot should be straightforward. The key is to ensure that the Base frame both robots use for the table has the same origin and rotation in real space. This will mean that the values in each robot will be different -- for example, if both robots were perfectly mirrored in real space, their respective Base frames would probably have a 180deg A rotation, at minimum.

Optimally, you should probably align your new KL so that it points the same direction (+/-) as the original. Your CAD data will need to match this. If your KLs are geometrically integrated, you may have to change your external axis settings to match the robot rotation atop the KL.

• you can have both robots use same reference points for base.

point can be on the same plane on the carrier but need to be reachable by both robots.

if both cannot reach same points, try to keep first two same and make 3rd point separate - but on a same plane, perhaps like below.

i would have points stamped in to make them permanent.

so for robot on the left, points would be 1,2, 3

for robot on the right, points would be 1,2, 4

the further from each other points are the better accuracy

you can check if they are in plane using straight edge or laser.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• How is the table rotated? How is the reference frame for the robot created?

Hi Skyfire,

thank yo for the respond. we rotate the tables manually. and for the reference point we are trying to maximize the reach of the robot so when we rotate the table we still have the same points or origin for the next side.

thank you for the inputs i have to consider this things.

• Hi Panic mode,

this would be my other option to make the production faster.

is there a way that i can limit the robot KL limits on the src program? for safety.

i was thinking of making the same reference points for both robot then i will add that variable

to my postp when it writes the toolpath.

can i use the softlimit variable on src?or just workspace limits?

Advertising from our partners