RoboGuide: Recover a cell

• I was working on some TP and KAREL programs in RoboGuide, and while operating the virtual pendant, the pendant crashed, followed by some sort of RG crash that threw a cascade of dozens of small error popups, and rendered RG completely nonresponsive. I eventually had to use Task Manager to kill RG and re-start it.

But now I can't open that cell. Any attempt just freezes up RG entirely, to the point that I have to forcibly reboot my computer, or use the Task Manager to kill RG. When opening the cell, RG just hangs in the "Starting virtual robot simulator" stage, showing "cold1.com complete" in the virtual pendant display.

So, is there any way to recover my work? Especially my programs -- my KAREL programs were all in the Files section of RoboGuide. I have a recent backup of most of my TP programs in ASCII, but not my KAREL.

• Okay, the "root" directory for the cell seems to be where my .KL and .LS files are stored, when I create them in RG using the "new file" option. I'm guessing that these files are updated when I use the Save or Build buttons in the RG editor?

Once I hand-built a new cell with the same configuration, and started trying to import my old files, it turned out to be a real pain -- eventually, I just ended up creating new files with the same names in RG as part of the new cell, then opened my original files in Notepad++ and did massive copy/paste into the RG editor. There must be a better way to do this.

But my big problem (and one no one can probably help me with) is that somehow, I managed to blow up the new cell, the same as the first one:

:wallbash:

• ... There must be a better way to do this.

Yes there is.

1. You can 'change the default folder' for the files by a right click on the 'file section'.

2. You can copy all files into that folder, and the add the files by right click and 'add file'

The terms in quotes may be not literally correct, because I don't use the english UI language.

For your big problem: good luck for finding the reason. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Advertising from our partners