I AM NEW!

• Hello guys

I am new in this, I want to start self-learning mechatronics, atm I am reading book < Introduction in mechatronics and measurement systems> is that good start? I have Arduino uno r3 also. I need more tips should I maybe start learning some program language? So if someone is open to help with my start it would be great. :smiling_face:

• "is it good" it depends on what you are aiming for. if you want to learn about it but not actually make anything, you can skip programming and just read, watch videos on youtube etc. but if you want to do any kind of control today, you would need to learn some programming language(s).

control is possible without programming too but that makes things much harder. learning programming can be hard to but it also can be tons of fun. an Arduino is great for that. big part of learning is to build own experience on small projects and then combine results into something bigger. not sure what is covered in your book but maybe consider others to find what better suits your interests.

i would add to moderate your initial goals and focus on something that is proven or you may get frustrated very quickly if your attempts don't bear fruits. for example designing own PCBs, soldering them and then programming is great but too many things can go wrong. leave that for later after you develop some skill including troubleshooting.

for start i would propose to not build own modules, just use kit with bunch of sensors/actuators and manual that covers various exercises with circuits, code samples and support. this allows for faster success and positive outcome. as you test each circuit, try to change things a bit and see how it affects performance. there is tons of starter kits, like freenove etc. (sold on amazon, eBay etc.). good thing about freenove is that you can download all the manuals, programs etc even before you buy kit. for example FNK0017 seems a very good choice and price is very attractive, documentation is detailed and well done. can't go wrong with it

good luck

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• panic mode

Thanks for your replay, well I want to learn program language for me I think its fun. I own Arduino uno r3 maybe I can with him something. If u want I can send u via gmail my book, if u want to see it. I want to build things program them, want to make robots.

Advertising from our partners