i try to use for the first time my two kuka agilus kr6 r700 sixx robots and i have some problems,could you please give some help?

• Hello, i try to use for the first time my two kuka agilus kr6 r700 sixx robots and i have some problems, could you please give some help?

we have no robotics background and it is way more complex than what i thought it would be.so we are trying to make the robots move in jog mode but there is always the error that "active commands are inhibited" so the robot is not moving at all.is there any hardware or software brake-stop that stops the operation? from initiating?can someone please give to us a step by step fast advice so that we can at least release somehow the robot in t1 jog mode?its the first time that we try to operate these robots and they were pulled from a factory,is it possible that we will need to reset somehow to factory settings so that we can operate the jog mode in t1?is there any very primitive step that we are missing?we have read the kss manual and the krc4 manual from kuka but still nothing.any help will be appreciated.we can provide pictures as well for more information if needed.

thank you for your time

• READ FIRST...

before you can do anything with the robot, you need to know some basics. for example:

1. knowing KSS version... interfaces are largely similar but to give you exact instructions it is important to know exact KSS version

2. knowing KRC type... again they are largely similar but there are differences.

3. knowing safety interface type .. there 4 choices, most likely it is parallel interface known as X11. again pinout depends on exact KRC4 type

4. get familiar with HMI interface, specially the top portion of the screen.

5. changing mode... turn selector switch, make sure that robot is selected (radio button has dot it in), then press button for desired mode and turn switch back.

6. displaying messages... top left corner shows message counters. touching top message toggles message view (full/compact)

7. moving robot is only possible when drives and on and safety circuit is ok.

for testing and commissioning T1 mode is used. to get safety circuit complete, you need to completely configure and wire your interface or.... use Startup Mode (IBN), note this is only possible in T1.

to get drives on, you need to press and hold enabling switch on the back of the teach pendant (only in T/T2, other modes enable drives differently). press and hold gently (mid-position), pressing too lightly or too hard will disable drives. this is safety feature common to all robots.

if you try to move robot without mentioned, you will get message "active commands inhibited". commands are inhibited (disabled) because drives or safety circuit are not yet ready.

etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• hello,thank you very much for your reply sir

,...i have purchased two kuka kr6 r700 sixx...and i imported them from singapore to athens greece for my experimental design architecture diploma project...i took a risk to invest all my money to something that i really dont know how to use..i am familiar with cnc laser cutters 3d printers but i have never used a robot before...so..id like to ask some dumb questions first...

1.i received 6 separate wrapped packages..2x mechanical units 2x controlers and 2x bags with teach pendants and cables ...so...the cables-mechanical units-teach pendants-controllers are in a singular attachment with each other?or they can be interchangeable?we try to match them with many combinations or to find clues about it,but untill now we really dont know if we have matched the correct items or if there is a specific arrangement -combintion that gives a correct result...so.they power up,the pendant works but still we have not figure it out if we need to match them somehow or just to proceed with our learning curve...is there any nececity to match them somehow?are there any specific clues on the hardware or in the interface of the pendant?

2.is there a specific place in the kss interface where we can see the kss version and the working hours of each machine?

3.the type of the krc is krc4 small ,the safety nterface i guess is the x11 as i can see a parallel port in the front of each controller cabinet named "x11" but there were no parallel cables in the package that i received..we used the cables that were essential for the start up of the machines,but there is one cable named wsk4 as i attach it in the attached pictures(the gray roll) which we have not figured out yet if it is necesary or something with no big importance,can you please check the picture and tell us if we need to do anything with this cable or the parallel port?

4.we try to understand the hmi interface yes.with no good results untill now but we will persist!

5.the changing mode is when the key is turned horizontially?i will check later if the robot is live and selected yes

6.as for the safety messages do i have to aknowledge them all so that the system can ignore and proceed?it has some errors yes,it says something about a battery or a fuse...and more,i will take a picture later to be more specific

7.to turm drives on we need to press once the back enabling swith to the middle click once?or we need to hold it there for all the t1 use?

8.as for the safety circuit,after we do the things that are needed for the x11 parallel port and in the smartpad,do we also need to unlock any manual brace on the mechanical unit?there is a plastic small white brick bolted on the robot base side.as i show in one of the attached pictures..is this thing correctly there?or we have to remove it?

9.any other ideas-instructions,so that we can achieve to jog the robots for the first time would be really much appreciated

thank again you very much for your initial answer,and thank you also for your time

your answer is allready very helpul for us to start understanding the beauty and the vast potential of the machines that i have bought

best regards

angelos vasileiou

• Are these robots brand new? Or are they second-hand?

Follow the links in the READ FIRST topic and download the manuals for KSS 8.x.

Step 1: determine all active errors. The message window spanning the top of the pendant display is touchable -- this will expand to fill the entire screen, and show all errors. "Active commands inhibited" is simply a side effect of other errors.

2: Once the message window is expanded, press the ACKN ALL button (lower right). This will clear all clearable errors. Whatever messages remain are the ones that need to be examined and dealt with.

3: The main menu can be accessed using the small robot-icon soft button on the pendant screen, top left corner. The menu HELP>INFORMATION should lead to a multi-tab screen that shows the major details of the robot. Write them down, don't take fuzzy photos that people have to struggle with to make out details. The Options tab will also be important, as it will show what optional alternate safeties your robot might be equipped with.

4: Again, using the Main menu, use FILE>ARCHIVE ALL, and use USB CABINET (after inserting a USB flash drive into the cabinet USB socket). This will create a zip file on the USB drive. In the zip file, will be a file called AM.INI, which summarizes most of the robot's details -- post that file.

5: go to KUKA's website and download WorkVisual, version 5 or 6. This will be necessary later to perform certain configuration changes, but not immediately.

• hello and thank you too for your reply,

the robots are second hand,they were installed in a factory in singapore,

i will follow your advices in about 7-8 hours from now,it is night at the moment in greece.

i hope that when we get up tomorrow,more of you will have replied,so that we can try everything we can do ,to achieve the functionality of the robots.

thank you again for your time

best regards

angelos vasileiou

• please note, this is robot forum... don't add drama and details about logistics, finances, gambling etc. please try to stay on topic.

i have purchased

we know, that's how just about everyone gets robots. don't really care if they are donated or inherited... still irrelevant.

two kuka kr6 r700 sixx

ok, this is good

imported them from singapore to athens greece

irrelevant, please stick to robot questions

for my experimental design architecture diploma project...

irrelevant

i took a risk to invest all my money

irrelevant

something that i really dont know how to use..

redundant, everyone already knows that

i am familiar with cnc laser cutters 3d printers but i have never used a robot before...

redundant and still irrelevant... is this going somewhere?

i received 6 separate wrapped packages..

irrelevant

2x mechanical units

what is that? robot arms?

2x controlers

what type of controller? robot arms you mentioned can be powered from several different KRC4 controllers.

are in a singular attachment with each other?

robot and controller are paired. documentation for each robot comes in a large white paper envelope. serial numbers or components are hand written to indicate matching set (robot / controller / teach pendant). With KUKA robots it is possible to substitute compatible hardware. this means that robot A does not have to be connected to controller A. you can connect it to controller B as well. in htat case you will get additional message asking "what changed..."...

beware of automatic firmware update for smartPads, better make sure that each set matches to avoid trouble. specially with older units. so read READ FIRST...

are there any specific clues on the hardware or in the interface of the pendant?

yes, you can power the controller and get working project (can be extracted from archive too) and you can see serial numbers in configuration.

is there a specific place in the kss interface where we can see the kss version and the working hours of each machine?

yes... you should not be asking this, it is already answered in very first reply ... READ FIRST...

the type of the krc is krc4 small,

there are two "small" KRC4 and they have incompatible X11 interfaces.

KRC4 small size-1 has 50-pole DSUB connector as X11 interface

KRC4 small size-2 has harding connector as X11 interface

this info is also readable from controller label if label is damaged, there is a backup label inside controller.

your picture show that you have type 1 which would be expected from year of manufacturing.

"x11" but there were no parallel cables in the package that i received..

even if you buy new robot system, you don't get cables for X11. You get only mating connector that you need to wire. if you don't have it, you can buy it from KUKA or from any electronic store - just say you need pair of DB50 male connectors with clam shell.

we used the cables that were essential for the start up of the machines

and we are supposed to guess what that may be?

but there is one cable named wsk4 as i attach it in the attached pictures(the gray roll) which we have not figured out yet if it is necessary or something with no big importance

you just stated in previous sentence that you connected everything essential. that tells me that you already determined that this cable is not essential. btw good job keeping the cable and wires tied together so we don't know number of conductors, wire size etc.

can you please check the picture and tell us if we need to do anything with this cable or the parallel port?

i have not seen such cable as part of robot system. if it is i would be surprised but check the schematics.

we try to understand the hmi interface yes.with no good results untill now but we will persist!

why try? do it...

just read the key manuals as already mentioned in READ FIRST...

the changing mode is when the key is turned horizontially?

read the manual

as for the safety messages do i have to acknowledge them all so that the system can ignore and proceed?

read the manual. do not blindly acknowledge message, read them first, then acknowledge. there are different types of messages shown by different icon. some messages can be acknowledged, some cannot.

it says something about a battery or a fuse...and more,i will take a picture later to be more specific

batteries need to be disconnected for transport or when controller is not used for long time.

batteries need to be connected when controller is used. X305

to turn drives on we need to press once the back enabling swith to the middle click once?or we need to hold it there for all the t1 use?

this was already answered in first reply. try reading responses.

as for the safety circuit,after we do the things that are needed for the x11 parallel port and in the smartpad,do we also need to unlock any manual brace on the mechanical unit?

i guess "mechanical unit" the manipulator or robot arm. normally robot arm is shipped in a padded box, without any mechanical braces.

when robotic cell is shipped with tooling etc on the robot arm, it is common to eithre remove EOAT or to add proper support. if yours has one you would need to remove it.

there is a plastic small white brick bolted on the robot base side.as i show in one of the attached pictures..is this thing correctly there? or we have to remove it?

read the manual, it tells you everything. and do NOT remove it. that is A1 hardware stop. it is there to prevent robot from turning around more than 360deg so that internal cabling does not get damaged.

any other ideas-instructions, so that we can achieve to jog the robots for the first time would be really much appreciated

stop mentioning things that don't matter. try to keep your posts short and to the point. read responses carefully. road ahead is very steep and there is a lot to learn. if you want quick result, get someone local to assist you.

and at the very least read READ FIRST...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• hello again.you are right,no drama,no extra histories,just technical stuff,it is my fault,i am not experienced ,

so,i have read all the posts, i have been slightly more familiar with the pendant.and i have just changed batteries today.thet werent the exact same,but the voltage and size were the same,and the first error that i had in persistance all these days,the fuse-battery error has disapeared.

but i still have 9 errors to go,i am trying to figure out by myself but i am sending here a picture for any ideas

thank you all for your help

Advertising from our partners