Kuka KRC2 Palletizing plus cam path

• Good morning everyone.

HLV1-900.bmpWe are currently getting ready to start programming a repurposed Kuka 210-2 krc2. We will be picking part from a pallet stack running a cleaning routine and then stacking on another pallet. Question is what would be the best way to program the picking and placing of parts. The parts will need to be picked up from the layer before picking from the next layer. Also, will need to be stacked in layers. It is hard to explain, so I am attaching image for visual.

I have limited experience with KRL. Have searched for hours looking for information on Palletizing manual with not much luck.

• then you better hope the other part of your team is much more experienced with KRL.

you will need bunch of things including correct tool and base setup, position calculations, S&T manipulation, using arrays to keep track of each stack etc. i like to have a way to confirm if stacks have been changed unexpectedly (someone adds or removes part) so that program can handle unexpected situations automatically.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Are you using a KUKA Palletizing Tech Package, or writing everything in raw KRL?

Are all these stack positions consistent and repeatable? If so, then it still needs decent KRL skills, but the basic problem isn't too hard. Look here for example. You'll need to run two different palletizing patterns (well, one palletizing, one depalletizing), with separate memory, but that's not too hard.

You'll need to set up good base frame data for each station, in order for your mathematically-generated shifts to work properly.

• I use the term we but in reality it is I.

Don't have the Palletizing Tech Package so it will have to be raw. I am not looking for the direct answer. Looking for what route of learning to pursue for this task.

Would there be any offline programs you would recommend for this?

Advertising from our partners