KRC2 SafeRobot 2.1.5, Turning off Brake Test requirement

• G'Day, all. I have a feeling I've asked this before, but I can't find it in the archives. So I'll impose on the Hive Mind again. :fish:

I have some KRC2s in the field that were originally delivered with SafeRobot 2.1.5, but SafeOp was never activated. Now the owner needs SafeOp enabled and configured, but there's a catch -- these robots run a production process that can run up to 72hrs continuous, and cannot stop. Since the maximum time allowance for the Brake Test is 46 hours, I need to shut off the Brake Test requirement entirely.

Now, doing this on a KRC4 is easy, but I've never tried it on a KRC2. Looking at the manual, it looks like I can simply de-select all 7 axes (these robots are mounted on KL1500s) in the Brake Test Configuration screen, but I'd like to get a sanity check that there aren't any hidden landmines I'm not seeing.

• that should do it... it does not deactivate test but excludes axes from test. so when test is called it just ends instantaneously.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• In KRC2 you can comment out the Braketestdriver in the motiondrv.ini. If I remember correct this deactivated brake Test completely in KRC2. Of course this is not a totally recommended solution. But if nothing else helps ...

Fubini

Advertising from our partners