FANUC R30iA Mate error messages

• Hello guys,

I am currently working with the FANUC LR Mate 200iC/5L and R-30iA Controller. Software version 7.70

The robot once used in onther project. Old robot new install.

The following error messages occur:

SRVO-218 Ext .E-stop/ServorDisconnect

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group1: Axis:6)

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group1: Axis:5)

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group1: Axis:4)

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group1: Axis:3)

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group1: Axis:2)

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group1: Axis:1)

SRVO-220 SDI fuse blown

The battery were dead, so we replayed them.

I am unable to jog the robot. What is the first error I need to solve?

I am a beginner in the fanuc world.

Please help.

Regards

• SRVO-220 SDI fuse blown

Cause: The fuse for SDI has blown.

Remedy: Replace the fuse on the main board or main board itself. Refer to the Mate Controller Maintenance Manual for more information.

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group:%d Axis:%d)

Cause: This alarm is issued when the battery for backing up the absolute position data of the Pulsecoder is not connected or is

empty. The battery cable inside the robot might have become disconnected.

Remedy: Replace the battery in the battery box of the robot base or the Pulsecoder. Refer to the Controller Maintenance Manual

for more information.

Correct the cause of the alarm, then turn on the power again after doing PULSE RESET operation. Mastering is

required. There are the following two methods for PULSE RESET.

Method 1: Move the cursor to $MCR.$SPC_RESET on the system variable screen, and select F4 TRUE. It

becomes TRUE momentarily, it writes in FALSE at once. Then press RESET.

Method 2: F3 RES_PCA is pushed on the MASTER/CAL screen, and select F4 YES. Then press RESET.

Note: The MASTER/CAL screen is not usually displayed.

• If You haven't external E-Stop yours connector must be filed with jumpers (2 pin) from 1 to 12. Check this attached picture, 1-2 jumper, 3-4 jumper, 5-6 Ch1 ES1 (NC contact), 7-8 Ch2 ES1 (NC contact), 9-10 Ch1 ES2 (NC contact), 11-12 Ch2 ES2 (NC contact).

• Sorry for my late reply.

1 Error SRVO-062 BZAL error is fixed!

2 Error SRVO-220 Orded new fuses, so should be fixed!

Do you know how to solve the SRVO-218 error?

I am not using external E-stop.

Error 2; SRVO-220 is fixed after ordering new fuses.

Error 3; SRVO-218 is fixed after placing jumper pins like fmiroslav said.

Thank you for your help.

This post is solved! :smiling_face:

• SRVO-220 SDI fuse blown

Cause: The fuse for SDI has blown.

Remedy: Replace the fuse on the main board or main board itself. Refer to the Mate Controller Maintenance Manual for more information.

Well, I've just encountered this on an R30iB Mate Plus. However, when I tried replacing FUSE1 (as shown in the Maintenance manual), the fuse blew immediately.

The strange thing is, this system was working perfectly until this happened, and none of the wiring has been tampered with.

The Maintenance manual is rather vague on this error (it also seems to confuse FUSE1 and FUSE3). Is there a wiring diagram that details FUSE1's relationship with the CRDMA 58&59 connectors? My most likely suspect is something wired into the robot's I/O, but I need to narrow down which circuits could be the cause. Right now, I'm guessing that it would be the 24F line on CRDMA 58, powering the inputs? The 24F line on CRDMA 59 is receiving power from an external 24VDC supply.

Does FUSE1 tie into the safety gate lines anywhere? This robot has a safety gate, but no external E-Stop.

This all started with a BZAL error b/c the batteries were dead. Replacing the batteries let me reset the BZAL error, but until I figure out why FUSE1 keeps blowing, I obviously can't jog the robot.

• Figured it out. It was very strange. This LR-Mate takes a single-phase 230VAC supply, but is operating (via direct DI/DO on the CRMA connectors) an external 3-phase servo amplifier (for some ancillary equipment). Both the servo and the robot are fed from the same 3-phase transformer, but the robot is only wired across one of the 3 phases.

What appears to have happened is, we lost the 3rd phase on the transformer primary, and didn't know it. This appears to be what kept blowing FUSE1. And with FUSE1 blown, we couldn't operate the DOs, so the missing-phase status on the servo amp wasn't obvious. We stumbled over the phase issue almost by accident, and once we fixed that, FUSE1 stopped blowing.

No idea why this would happen -- FUSE1 is an isolated 24VDC circuit, and that's the only connection between the robot and the 3-phase servo amplifier. So how a missing AC phase on the servo supply could cause FUSE1 to blow is beyond me. But it was definitely the root cause.

Advertising from our partners