Fanuc RB how to set a slow start after RB's stop mid program.

• Hello,

Fanuc 420iW 175 Rbs, R J2 controllers

Fanuc RB spot weld cell, using pneumatic spot guns

I'm wondering if it is possible to set up my Robots to have a slow start after being stopped mid task. Whether they stopped due to an error or due to tech intervention, I want the first step after restarting to be a slow start just in case Robots came to a hard stop and I do not want to have the Robots start at 100% instantly at restart. I've set "Production Resume speed" to 50% but that just makes the Robots complete their current cycle at 50% speed, and then will run at 100% speed on the next cycle.

I know Nachi, Kawasaki and other robots have this feature and would like to implement this into the Fanuc Robots if its possible.

I should add that I have zero Fanuc Robot training. I just started a new job and I am the one responsible for this Fanuc RB Weld cell. Everything I know and have accomplished so far is just from playing around with the robots and reading online Forums/manuals

Thanks!

• ClassyBanana

Changed the title of the thread from “Fanuc RB how to set a slow start after Rs stop mid program.” to “Fanuc RB how to set a slow start after RB's stop mid program.”.
  • Does that era of controller have background logic? I can think of an easy way to do it with that, but we will have to confirm.

Check your setup menu and look for BG Logic under the TYPE.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners