Kuka Virtual Pendant

• Hi everybody,

I need to help with my Kuka Virtual Pendant. I would like to connect my Kuka robot (version 8.3.39) to Kuka Virtual Pendant. I have win10 enterprise.

I set the robot to EXT AUT, I switch off SmartPad. (foto 1.) and I set IP addres on my laptop. When I run KVP (foto 2) and click on the button "robot", I get error message (foto 3).

What is the problem?:wallbash: :help:

• Are you sure You robot is KSS 8.3.39?

On picture on first post, It looks like a KSS 8.5 or 8.6.

And, depending on Your KVP version, it will not work with newer KSS, as message "Cannot connect to this device" states.

• I've actually had this problem recently, with a robot/computer combination that worked perfectly well, then suddenly started throwing this error a couple months later. Nothing changed on either the robot or the computer in the interim, aside from the normal Windows updates on the computer. And the robot (well, it's an OfficePC) has been running KSS 8.3 for years.

So it is apparently possible that something in Windows updates over the past 4 months is breaking VRP. My computer that used to work is a Win7 machine. I also tried a fresh install of VRP on a Win10 machine, and got exactly the same results.

I am using a rather old version of VRP (1.1.2), b/c I've never had it fail and never felt a need to upgrade. Has KUKA released newer versions since then? I'd heard rumors that VRP was being officially removed from the catalog, or changed to a paid option, but I never really looked into them.

• as far as i know VRP was always a paid option and prices similarly to EthernetKRL. so if someone got licensed copy for free, good for them. there is a VRP 1.2 (00-345-359) which runs on Win7 and Win10 and supports KSS 8.2, 8.3., 8.6, 8.7 but not 8.4 or 8.5.

https://xpert.kuka.com/ID/AR51417

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• As far I know, VRP 1.1 works with KSS 8.2 and 8.3, and there is a there is a VRP 1.2, that works with KSS 8.2, 8.3, 8.6 and 8.7.

I don't know why, KSS 8.5 was skipped on VRP 1.2 docs, but I almost sure that 1.1 will not work with KSS 8.5.

• It's an old thread but I have the same issue . I have the latest VRP 1.2 for KSS 8.6

When i try to connect it's starts to connect to controller and the Dot goes amber then the for goes red I a message unable to connect to this controller. Did anyone file a solution to this . I have checked turned off antivirus fire walls etc .

• I am also having the same issue, running VRP 1.2.1. kss 3.6.8.41.

The robot is in auto external with no pendent connected.

it was working the last time I connected a couple weeks ago.

VRP is successfully communicating with the robot as I can see the program changing on the side of VRP.

I have also tried disabling the firewall.

I talked to KUKA and they couldn't find a solution.

Did anyone have any luck with this?

• AES I was actually looking at this today while waiting for the Project engineer to pull his finger from his Ass.....

I found the issue you cannot use VRP if you are plugged in to the service port you need to be on the KLI :winking_face: :thumbs_up:

• that is good to know. I am connected into the KLI, no hardware has changed since I last connected to it a couple weeks ago.

• Update:

I tried to connect to VRP this morning and it connected with no dramas. When I previously couldn't connect to VRP, I could still connect to Work Visual. This is an intermittent issue, its about the 3rd or 4th time I have had this fault.

Advertising from our partners