Fanuc CRX

• Hi Everyone. Anyone use the new Fanuc CRX robots yet? How does it compare to the CR models? How do you like it? Any problems?

Thinking of using one for a Palletizing Application.

Thanks.

• Hello there

I have used this robot now, here I tell you some of my experience with this robot.

1. Design, this robot has a compact and unique design, with all rounded shape make this robot is "friendly" to catch and to touch. the surface also really smooth and make this robot is really good to see but still has a rigidity like other Fanuc's robot.

2. Easy to handling, I have installed this robot by myself, the robot only 40Kg weight and controller is lesser than this. so make it easy to handling and set up.

3. New item, for this robot we will get a Tablet PC for handling and guide this robot, this is new for me as my experience using the Teaching pendant. but quite interesting.

4. New Feature, we can use IRProgramming (this also exist in Compact plus for Scara robot) for easy teaching this robot, only move the robot to the target point and then make the program just by Drag a symbol and Drop this in the program line, it is difficult to explain, but I enjoyed it actually LoL

5. Safety, this robot is another improvement of CR, it has the same sensitive sensor to make it stop when contact somebody, then this robot has a function to manual guide without manual guide stick (usually we use this for CR), furthermore for teaching the motion of this robot, we can pull and push this robot and guide by your hand to the point as we taught and then save it as the point program.

well, it is too long but I hope can give you some little point of view regarding this robot.

so far, if you need a safety robot and the compact one, this robot can be your solution.

FYI, the robot has a speed of 1000mm/s

• do you have some explanation of how to work with the drop and drag?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pretty easy. Program created in Drag & Drop mode is not visually vertical compatible with TP program and vice versa. If you edit/change some commands in TP they became TEXT CODE in D&D mode.

Weld C command from D&D haven't available speed parameter (you can touch mid and end point of circle), if you edit program on TP and change WELDSPEED to desired value (5 mm/sec for example) and again open in D&D mode that command become TEXT CODE and you can't retouch mid and end point of circle.

• Don’t use Fanuc Cobots its contact stop errors sucks

I have to say that my (limited, I admit) experience with the CRX is otherwise. The contact stop is finicky, yes, but not terrible. Of course, any cobot is going to be highly sensitive to contact events. If it's not sensitive, then it's probably not safe.

I have a lower opinion of the CR series cobots, but that's more due to my feelings on the base-mounted force-torque sensor and its associated headaches. They still work. The biggest issue I've encountered with the CRs is that the higher-payload models become harder to configure without allowing unsafe force levels, or generating a lot of false-positive contact events. But that's simply a basic issue for any cobot with a high payload -- the higher the payload capacity, the more "numb" the robot becomes to contact events. This requires very careful design work to use a high-payload cobot successfully.

• Really, is there any strong proof and argument from your statement

hey it's just my suggestions for who is going to use cobots for their automation system

because KUKA has far better system cobots than FANUC

because currently, I am facing an issue with CR 15 iA cobot sometimes it stops even its not in contact with any object even though the part is absent on gripper its stops in the air

• I am facing an issue with CR 15 iA cobot

I am not a fan of Cobots to begin with, as I feel there are few and far applications that make sense to be Collaborative, and the term gives end users an unrealistic expectation. But let's be fair here, the question was asked around a CRX, and you are basing your opinion off the CR-Series. As SkyeFire states, the force sensing is different between the 2 series. I think Fanuc came a long way from the CR to the CRX.

As far as the CRX goes, I find most of my problems relate to me wanting it to be a Yellow Robot, and expecting it to be the same. They take some getting used to. Fanuc has gone down a path similar to other brand cobots trying to make a robot that is easily deployable, and therefore "easy to program". But the step by step menus, and Icon programming, take away some of the more in depth tools/settings, that (at least I as an integrator) am used to using.

That being said, software wise, I find myself utilizing the conventional TP Views, rather than the Icon Editor or other menus. Being a bit too "Dumbed Down" compared to what I can do on a traditional TP, the guided menus are just a bit of a nuisance.

Hardware wise, they seem to be alright. Biggest issue I've seen is the Tablet TP loses connection. Also, its a touch screen tablet, so dirty fingers, gloves, etc. can pose issues.

Biggest gain, Grab that sucker in Manual Guided Jogging and throw it where you want it. (or at least relatively close. But that feature is not limited to Fanuc/CRX.

• I am facing the same issue in CRX 10 iA/L too

and its CRX 10 iA/L TP is not robust

I don't know why FANUC has been providing such poor quality Teach pendant for robust operation

I have uploaded two attachments

1. the APPLICATION photo(MACHINE TENDING)

and 2. communication error photo

• I am facing the same issue in CRX 10 iA/L too

1. the APPLICATION photo(MACHINE TENDING)

You should look at doing your dressout/cabling differently, that looks like its pretty tight to me.

Also, looking at the speeds in your program, It doesn't seem like you are really going collaborative speeds, if contact stop is causing you issues, you could disable it in places where it's not necessary. But be sure to do your risk assessment, I'm making a judgement call off a single photo.

I don't disagree with the Tablet TP. As I stated, it has connection issues.

• You should look at doing your dressout/cabling differently, that looks like its pretty tight to me.

Also, looking at the speeds in your program, It doesn't seem like you are really going collaborative speeds, if contact stop is causing you issues, you could disable it in places where it's not necessary. But be sure to do your risk assessment, I'm making a judgement call off a single photo.

I don't disagree with the Tablet TP. As I stated, it has connection issues.

actually, I have disabled it.

at picking and placing zones because the robot makes vibrations due to clamping of the gripper, even though I have added flow control valves on the gripper.

otherwise, in the air moment, I kept it in cobot mode by turning off

the NSI bit

Advertising from our partners