pause and resume

• hello,

KSS V4.1.5

are there any variables in KUKA with the exact functions of "STOP" and "START FORWARD" buttons on the pendants? I want to hold and resume the programs with two push buttons anytime within the programs running.

thanks for any help

• And how do you hope to handle SPOC? All you can do is use the specified automatic external interface.

If you do not need to deselect the interpreter you might be able to stop the robot by setting $OV_PRO to zero using a signal and then restart by restoring its value.

Fubini

• SPOC is only important while running in T1 or T2

On AUT and EXT this is not an issue

Reason:

In T1 and T2 the safety gate may be open and any external action could cause someone gets killed (that is why SPOC)

In AUT and EXT the safety gate has to be closed (and nobody in) and therefore you only can destroy your tool, part or robot - no personal harm(!?)

Your boss does not like you anymore if you destroy a prototype part (costs app. 1,000,000.00 $) - at least my former boss would not like me anymore)

Just think about:

what are the problems you may run into?

what are the advantages of doing it in the way you want to do it?

• I want to use these two signals remotely not with KCP.

the answers can be only as good as question asked, you mentioned two buttons and they are available :winking_face:

if you want to use external signals to pause and resume program you need to be a bit more specific... like what operating mode... and if you have a PLC there... or at least several I/Os.

for example you could use two inputs to set/reset $OV_PRO... or you could do pretty much anything with EXT mode.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have connected robot to PLC so I want pause and resume robot program in automatic external mode. I can't use $OV_PRO because i have at least 10 programs with different values of $OV_PRO.

I used $MOVE_ENABLE signal to pause robot motion but it doesn't act like STOP botton on the pendant.

• oh my... i have seen such cases, not fun... in fact i cringe when $OV_PRO is repurposed like that.

robot program should run fine (just at different speeds) with ANY value of $OV_PRO. only then $OV_PRO can be used as intended.

in the SPS loop add something like (assuming input 43 is used to request stop)

Code
    IF ($MODE_OP==#EX) AND $PRO_ACT AND $IN[43] THEN
       Stop_Robot_Program()
    ENDIF

and here is what the STOP_ROBOT_PROGRAM.SRC should look like:

Code
    DEF Stop_Robot_Program( )
      DECL STATE_T s
      DECL MODUS_T m
      CWRITE($CMD,s,m,"STOP 1")
      Wait sec 0.1
    END

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Nope, if you look closer to the code you will see that the action is triggered by the input nr. 43.

This cwrite ($cmd.... is an internal communication channel, where the robot interpreter can communicate to the system kernel.

• You could also do it with interrupts if you just want to stop and resume the movement of the robot... For example if signal is FALSE the robot stops, if TRUE the robot continues with the program and movement...

• As @panic_mode said i wrote a program in SPS.sub and with $CMD command robot stops with an digital input. It acts exactly like STOP botton on the pendant.

But RUN in CWRITE Line doesn't act like "START FORWARD" botton on the pendant.

I am looking for appropriate resume signal.

• You don't want CWRITE for start... That is used to select and and run program from begin when no program is selected.

But you have have program selected and particularly executed, you just need to continue....

Which is what external start is for. Just pulse it

3) read 1 and 2

• Is there Program start signal (like $EXT_START) in #AUT mode for program resume ?

No. AUT is built on the assumption that you have no external I/O to use for the $EXT_START, $DRIVES_ON, $CONF_MESS, etc, signals. So for AUT mode, it is required to perform all these functions using the teach pendant. AUT mode actually ignores all the Auto-Extern signals, even if you have them configured.

EXT mode is the opposite -- it ignores any teach pendant actions, and only pays attention to the external signals.

Advertising from our partners