KRC4 startup

• Shut down the robot, and check the green cables inside its controller. Maybe disconnect and connect them again.

Switch on the robot again an see if the problem persists. If yes, maybe You will need to check Your workvisual project.

• can you show all messages instead of only most recent ones? it would be helpful to see what message started it all...

also was there any attempt to activate different WoV project?

and did you reboot after playing with the cables?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Ruddock,

I had some similar errors once.

Try clean each one of then to figure out witch is blocking the startup.

SX-44 refers to the etherCAT. Maybe U have some beckhoff remote IO or other device. Check the ethernet cables. Maybe if you install xml files and download again. They usuallydo not block startup.

You have a RDC error, check the feedback cables from robot.

SX-48 refers to internal communications between boards of the controller. They do block startup. Try to replace ethernet cables.

Happened to me once, one intermittent problem of these. After a lot o digging, we have to replace de SIB module. For my luck, the robot was in the warrant period.

• well... it is pretty clearly stated what info could be useful, why and how to ask for help : READ FIRST...

then in this thread it was asked several times to share info like show messages, specifically older ones, tell exact KSS version (which is still not shared, we only know it is one of many 8.3) etc.

i don't know why but... it is like pulling teeth...

there are always people refusing to follow through and share info that may help their own case... go figure :winking_face:

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• this type of messages indicates hardware/software configuration mismatch. usually this happens when image or WoV project of different robot is deployed or when network connections are mixed up. it can also happen spontaneously when system is not maintained, batteries are low and power is switched off. good luck.

3) read 1 and 2

• prior to this issue, i was getting major electrical maintenance due notifications and was told when the robot was commissioned the 2nd time that batteries need changed. i wasn't involved in the original set up and have no idea if the robot has been maintained at all. my guess it that it wasnt as it has sat with no use for near 4 years

• If powering controller down for long time batteries must me disconnected. if controller was shut down for few weeks while batteries remain connected (CCU.X305), then they will be not just drained - they will be dead.

3) read 1 and 2

• If powering controller down for long time batteries must me disconnected. if controller was shut down for few weeks while batteries remain connected (CCU.X305), then they will be not just drained - they will be dead.

Hi I’m just learning through these blogs. What batteries are you referring to? Are there batteries in the teach pendant or are there batteries in the control cabinet?

• please when you quote me, don't change or add your onw words to the quote.

check your robot documentation for details. for most systems already out there, SLA batteries are inside the controller. But with KRC5 they are external.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners