K6SB: alarm errors 0232 (pulse generator failure) and 0852(servopack error)

• Was working fine, now these errors.

Flow chart for troubleshooting 0232 says check lead between BB02 board and the Servopack. We can't find BB02; we think maybe they mean BB03 (motherboard). I swapped each cable in turn between the SV boards and error didn't change.

Next says replace lead wires on PG. PG is pulse generator i'm guessing. I don't know what/where that is.

From book sounds like 0852 error may be caused by the 0232 error.

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

• I swapped the front boards of the servopack. These control data, and the boards behind these are for power?

The error didn't change. Does this mean anything?

Thx.

• The internal harness Doc is talking about is the harness inside the robot. The harness from the base of the robot to each motor and encoder.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Swapping the front boards on these servo packs does nothing. You need a good working servo pack (with the correct communication boards on top) to replace the shit you have.

Really, push it off the dock into the scrap bin an buy something from this century.

Robodoc

• Make sure the 1BC anaconda cable between the robot and controller is not damaged, seen many crushed flat from being walked on. Also try reseating the1BC connector at the base of the robot.

Does one of the servo amps give an error on the 7-segmant LED display? If not, try to determine which of the SLU axes is the issue by looking at the servo display under 'Display' > 'Diag'

As Robodoc stated, the entire servo amp would have to be replaced as the low voltage power supply resides on the lower section if I remember correctly.

This could be tough to narrow down if you don't have any known good spares. Most places have cleared out their old ERC stuff.

• No luck with reseating the big cables.

I don't see a LED display on servopack.

Under "Display"-Diagnoses, the S,L, and U axes all show zero.

While i have you here, we're thinking that maybe we don't have the best manuals for this machine. As an example, the 'K6SB Manipulator Manual" we have is revised 6/16/95, is p/n 479951-2.

Thx.

Marty

• Find ERC Error List >HERE<

My pdf version of the 479951-2CD rev2 has 674 pages and is a combination of several manuals.

It does seem like Motoman has purged many old manuals including the ERC vintage from the Product Documentation page.

Let me know if it's different than yours and I will upload it to the manuals section.

• Holy crap! It's running.

Skooter's error list said something about too heavy of a load being applied. Thought i would see if something was bound up. I knew i could move the S axis, but couldn't move the L or U.

Don't know what actually happened but......

Maybe one of encoders was "stuck".

Thx

Marty

• Now it's not running, after i turned it off.

Is it just a coincidence that moving it seems to have fixed it?

I haven't turned it on all week until today. Maybe some "memory" got cleared in the mean time?

If i get it going again i'm going to change its resting position. It doesn't seem to like that. I always get a 1290 alarm. I can clear it and it seems to work fine, but who knows.

Thx.

• I think i figured out how to release the brakes. I was able to move the U axis, but not the L.

Any tricks to get it to release? The bolts are barely long enough to reach in and start threading. Would a longer bolt be OK, or would it matter?

Thx.

Marty

• I think i figured out how to release the brakes. I was able to move the U axis, but not the L.

Any tricks to get it to release? The bolts are barely long enough to reach in and start threading. Would a longer bolt be OK, or would it matter?

Thx.

Marty

The only way I know how to release the brakes is electrically. Not sure what bolts are for.

PLEASE NOTE: Releasing brakes is dangerous. Please make sure to think it thru and use something secure to limit axis motion if you must release them.

• You have to build a 90 volt DC power supply with a momentary push button on the 90 volt side. Remove the brake wires from the controller and connect your 90 volt power supply. Press the button and release the brake.

Robodoc

• Haven't touched the robot in a week or so. Fired it up and no errors. Turned it off, then on, then errors came back.

Would it help at all to unplug battery on robot side and "reset" the encoders?

Thx.

Advertising from our partners