Can not share folder with PC

• All right. How have you set up the share named Backup on the robot? What hard drive directory is it? Have you made it readable and/or writeable in the network permissions? Have you set its owner?

...not the owner :thinking_face: just the sharing permissions. Will try that tomorrow.

Providing one detail when you have been asked for several is a good way to disincentivize people from making any further effort to help you.

• Sorry about that.

I remade the sharing in the following location "D:\Share"

In the network permissions I gave full access to KukaUser

The owner of the folder is the Administrators group.

I'm able to ping the controller but still cannot access the folder using the "map network drive" method, with "use different credentials" using KukaUser / 68kuka1secpw59.

I also tried Remote Desktop Connection which was enabled on the robot windows. It also does not work.

• so why don't you try suggestions you got so far? why don't you try to use analytical approach and rule out potential issues one thing at a time?

you are only trying to map it from outside (access from external machine), not internally... so you cannot rule out if needed networking service is even enabled on the KRC.

then you just blindly keep pinging.... but ... you still did not confirm what is it exactly that responds to your pings... how do you know that there is no duplicate IP address, perhaps another robot? did you try to disconnect cable from KLI and ping again to make sure response is not from some other device?

did you confirm that your computer is not a cause? perhaps some policy etc? how did you confirm that? did you try another machine? did you try to map drive on some other device (not just KRC)? what tests did you perform?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• then you just blindly keep pinging.... but ... you still did not confirm what is it exactly that responds to your pings... how do you know that there is no duplicate IP address, perhaps another robot? did you try to disconnect cable from KLI and ping again to make sure response is not from some other device?

The computer is connected directly to the KRC.

PC IP Address: 172.31.1.100 Subnet: 255.255.0.0

KRC IP Address: 172.31.1.147 Subnet: 255.255.0.0

You screwed up the complete configuration.

I most certainly have. The first issue was most likely caused by changing the IP address of the KRC to 192.168.1.147 subnet 255.255.255.0 in order to make it visible to the router network and share the folder in that way. Changing it back to default does not fix it.

My first and biggest mistake was not cloning the SSD before even powering up the KRC. Lesson learned the hard way. :unamused_face:

Came across this thread and apparently changing the IP irreversibly messes up the configuration.

smartPAD failed to detect HMI on KRC4 compact (solved)

The seller will send me a new clean SSD image. Until then I'll make a clone of the existing one to have a backup and try a reinstall of KSS from D:\KRC_Release to see if that fixes the SmartPad issue.

Once that is fixed I'll get back to the sharing issue.

Can anyone point me to resources explaining the internal network architecture of the KRC4?

The KLI IP Address is the one visible from the outside.

There's a realtime and non realtime system bus network on subnets

172.16.X.X and

172.17.X.X (the one the SmartPad is on, as it is trying to connect to 172.17.0.1)

And there's a shared memory network on subnet 192.168.0.X (ipconfig from windows says the IP Address is 192.168.0.1)

I assume since the file sharing occurs in windows and it's on a different subnet than the KLI there has to be some way to bridge the two in order to get access to the file sharing.

The video tutorial here is demonstrating sharing on windows 7 but it doesn't specify the KSS version. He also created a new user so I don't think that was the cause of the SmartPad issue.

• changing the IP address of the KRC to 192.168.1.147 subnet 255.255.255.0 is not an issue. this is not one of the reserved ranges...

video shows system using KSS8.3.x

creating new user on 8.3 was never a problem for me either, but i tried it 8.5, system would not run until i removed the user. maybe it was just an accident ro odd ball, maybe not... i did not have much time to test or investigate so your mileage may vary.

get deep insight into KUKA robots you need special KUKA training (such as TQ etc). such courses go way beyond classes that are offered to clients, so you need to be a KUKA employee and - work in correct department.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• ok, i tried it with KSS V8.6 and here is the final result:

robot-forum.com/attachment/28834/

As you can see here:

created folder D:\Share

advanced Share (as you have done like in your post #22)

On the other computer I created KukaUser with correct password as Administrator

Browsed the network (both computers are in the same WorkGroup) or use the IP address

selected the Folder Share

On the PopUp Window set user and password as suggested by panic mode in post #6

and everything is working

Hardware:

KUKA OL 8.6

The other computer with Windows 7

(did you create the user on this computer?)

• Created a user on my PC with same credentials as on KRC

name: KukaUser

pass: 68kuka1secpw59

PC IP 172.31.1.100

KRC IP 172.31.1.147

Direct connection with ethernet cable, No router.

Both machines are on the same WORKGROUP.

On KRC in Advanced sharing settings:

- Turn on network discovery

- Turn on file and printes sharing

- Turn on password protected sharing (also tried with it turned off)

• On KRC in Advanced sharing settings:

- Turn on network discovery

- Turn on file and printes sharing

- Turn on password protected sharing (also tried with it turned off)

can you make a screen shot on that screen (I can't see that on my screen)

Do you have the same screen shot as shown in post #27?

• Catalin Pop related to your post #22

1. Did you ever tried to access the share with the IP-only in the address bar of the Windows Explorer? e.g. \\175.88.99.100

Please post a screenshot of the result!

2. All the issues you have are maybe related to the following question: Did you change the Computer name???

In post #22 even though I can barely read it, it shows \\KR70\Share

• can't you my screen shot from that post or the screen on the krc?

Can't see the screenshot. It appears as a link and when I click it it says "Page not found"

do you get this message window on your remote pc?

Nope. I got this when connecting to the KRC2 though.

1. Did you ever tried to access the share with the IP-only in the address bar of the Windows Explorer? e.g. \\175.88.99.100

First thing I did. I don't have a screenshot of it but it's exactly the same as this one (without the "\Share")

2. All the issues you have are maybe related to the following question: Did you change the Computer name???

In post #22 even though I can barely read it, it shows \\KR70\Share

I did, but I had the same issue even before changing the name. Same with the SmartPad issue.

• I did, but I had the same issue even before changing the name. Same with the SmartPad issue.

Please explain in detail how you changed the name. Did you perform the Reset SID of KUKA or did you just changed the name?

During all your modifications, you may have messed some things up. A lot of actions like Computername. Shares, User and Rights have been changed and potentially made it worse. You have had a fully functional robot system before you started, right?

• I fully agree with Florida

There is a major difference between my setup and yours

In accordance to your post #22 you allowed "everyone" and "Administrators" to access the share as well

(you should only have KukaUser in this list - not groups!)

• Please explain in detail how you changed the name. Did you perform the Reset SID of KUKA or did you just changed the name?

I just changed the name in windows to try and access it over the network via name like \\KR70\Share

You have had a fully functional robot system before you started, right?

Yes. The system is brand new.

Here's a short history of the actions I performed:

After initial setup and wiring of the X11 Plug I played with it a bit in T1, then wrote a small test program for AUT mode.

Then I connected the monitor in order to add a network share in order to be able to program on a remote machine in VS Code.

At this point I saw that the SmartPad was missing some elements but I thought that it's normal behavior for when you have a monitor connected.

I created a new user, changed the IP address and initially shared the Programs folder with the new user. When that didn't work I tried sharing a new folder on the D: drive. That didn't work either.

At this point I had to move the robot to a different position and noticed that while pressing the deadman's switch on the SmartPad in T1 would activate the motion buttons on the monitor (they were missing on the SP) pressing them would initiate the distinctive high pitch drive sound on the robot, but there would be no motion.

I removed the monitor but the SP would not come back to it's working mode.

Changed the IP back to original, removed the new user and all sharing references to it.

Unfortunately (n00b alert) I didn't write down the original computer name :wallbash:

I started this thread regarding this issue here.

Recently I found another one explaining the same issue here.

I have a hunch the sharing problem is a Windows 10 IoT thing. And, as MOM said:

There is a major difference between my setup and yours

For now I'm going to stop trying to fix the sharing problem until I fix the SmartPad. Hopefully I'll get a recovery image tomorrow and see how that goes.

Thanks again for the patience and I'll keep you up to date on any progress.

Advertising from our partners